“Smokey smell in room 1831 and bra left in drawer” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16500 Southcenter Pkwy., Tukwila, WA 98188-3388   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kelowna, Canada
“Smokey smell in room 1831 and bra left in drawer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree on the Remembrance Day long weekend with a shopping bus tour from Kelowna. We got our keys for 1831 and went upstairs. We opened the door and I was overwhelmed by cigarette smoke smell. I have asthma and I couldn't stay in there 10 seconds. After getting a second room (1801) we were a little disturbed when we found a bra in the drawer under the TV.
The salmon dinner we had on the Friday night was outstanding.

• Stayed November 2011
Jim D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently over the Remembrance Holiday. I am sorry to hear that both of your rooms were not up to our standards. I will make sure to bring this matter up with our Housekeeping department. I am happy to hear that your salmon dinner was outstanding, and you were able to experience what we here at the DoubleTree can do. I hope you let us show you a better DoubleTree stay when you return again. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Misawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The first time we stayed here was during the voluntary departures from Japan. The staff that took care of us from the pickup at the airport to checking us into our rooms then making sure there was enough staff to help with our bags were very understanding about handling a bunch of stressed out parents and anxious children. I will always remember my great experience with Double Tree, that is why I am so excited we will be staying there again on the 18 and 19th of this month, and I really cannot complain about the price because we got a great deal through a pick your own price site. So glad this time I may enjoy my stay a bit more, and this time it will be my whole family :) Thank you, Double Tree!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and for staying with us again. We are so happy to hear you are coming back and this time bringing your family. I am sure this time will be more relaxing then before. You might be able to do some early holiday shopping across from us at the Westfield Mall. If there is anything you need when you are staying with us please let our staff know. Thank you again.
SACRAMENTO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

We got a good rate online through hotels.com ($99 per night). Would advise travelers to check out other websites first tho- since they charged us for all 7 nights up front in order to get the $99 rate. This hotel also holds a security/amenities amount of $40 per day then reimburses you a few days after departure. Some aspects of room were old (bath tub and sink) and the heater did not work so well. Otherwise it was a comfortable spacious room. Tully's coffee in lobby was great. Walking distance to some restaurants and a huge mall with movie theater. Appreciated airport shuttle. Had to go to another Hilton hotel for laundry facility.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us recently. I am happy to hear that you were able to find a rate that was good for you. I’m sorry that the heater in your room was not working so well, but glad you found our rooms spacious. I hope you were able to enjoy that cup of Tully’s coffee with one of our warm chocolate chip cookies. They make a great pair. Having to do laundry on your vacation can be frustrating and I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate that need for you. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel was situated somewhat close to the airport. There was a lot of construction nearby when I stayed and while it was just off of I-5 it was kind of tucked away and hidden from the road. The room was average, nothing to write home about (or to TA!). I did not eat here and arrived fairly late; it was dark and I have no idea what was nearby. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was clean but nothing stood out to me as spectacular. Maybe I'm not giving it a fair shot since others seem to really love it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Jim D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us recently. I completely understand about the construction nearby. This project is to be done by the end of November, so I hope the next time you are in the Seattle area you will give us another shot. There are plenty of things to do nearby with an REI a block north and tons of restaurants to walk too, I think you will find enough things to do. I am happy to hear that our beds were comfortable and clean for you. I look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us again.
Dakar, Senegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is the kind of hotel at which you want to stay! The front desk staff is friendly, personable, and very welcoming--particularly Mona, Shelly, Steve, Teri Lynn, and Jeremy. I regularly stay at this hotel every time I am in the Seattle area (for graduate school) and always enjoy my Doubletree Southcenter experience. The highlight of my stays, however, are my interactions with the airport shuttle driver, Asman. He is one of the kindest human beings I've ever met--and I've met a lot of human beings all over the world! I find myself hoping Asman is working when the hotel shuttle arrives promptly to pick me up. He is from Ethiopia and is working very, very hard and his family is still back in Ethiopia. We discuss all sorts of things on our rides to and from the hotel. I even mentioned that I loved Ethiopian food and he said, "Oh, well, I'll have to make you some Ethiopian some time!" So the next day, he brought some homemade Ethiopian food to me in my room! I couldn't believe it and hope the hotel recognizes this is the kind of employee that hotels want for a good customer service experience. The entire Doubletree staff is great and I recommend this hotel to every customer looking for a great place to stay in the Seattle area.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the west of the hotel have a good view of the trees. The rooms on the east side sh...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Wow! Thank you for your kind and generous words. I appreciate your continuous stay with us and it makes me happy to hear we all were able to accommodate your needs. Mona, Shelly, Steve, Teri Lynn, and Jeremy are very friendly and I will pass along to them your kind remarks. Osman has been a long time employee here at the DoubleTree and we do value his amazing customer service. I will most definitely pass along to him your appreciation. Thank you again for your recommendations and we can’t wait to have you back with us, where the little things mean everything.
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We arrived here on 10/22/2011 after a long driving experience. The in Hotel restaurant was closed as it was after the lunch hours. We were directed to the Bar that also serves food from the lunch menu. Our drink and lunch orders were take very fast. A short time latter our lunch arrived. It was very good with drink refills without request–a great sign of good service. Our room was big, an entry room with TV, microwave, refrigerator, bar area and convertible sofa bed. The main bedroom had the sink outside of the bathroom–a great thing when your wife drys her hair. The bathroom and rest of the suite was very clean with no issues detected. The soundproof walls and ceiling provides a quiet sleep environment that we enjoyed. During our stay, there were meetings and conferences being held that did not affect our quiet room. I would recommend this Hotel as it's all a traveler desires at a reasonable cost. The parking area is good but do not leave "stuff" visible in your vehicle. When in the area again, we would stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear you had such a long driving experience, but I’m glad we were able to make you feel more comfortable when you arrived. I’m always hungry after a long drive, so I’m happy to hear your lunch was so good. I hope you enjoyed our Sweet Dreams Pillows while getting a good nights sleep too. Thank you for your recommendation and we can’t wait to have you back when you visit Seattle again.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed her for my birthday 2 years running. love the room setup. kids take the pull out and get their own tv and we take the bedroom. So close to shopping you can walk to everything. Check in is always easy and the kids love the warm cookies.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Happy Belated Birthday and thank you for staying with us on your special day. It’s always important to have that extra room for the kids so that you can have some peace and quite. I am happy to hear they enjoyed the warm cookies and I hope you too enjoy some warm chocolate goodness.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Address: 16500 Southcenter Pkwy., Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#1 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#4 Family Hotel in Tukwila
#4 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#7 Romantic Hotel in Tukwila
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.