“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Tukwila
Reno, Nevada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this Residence Inn, Nov 8 - 11, 2012. Our room was very nice and roomy - we felt like we had our own little apartment. The staff were friendly and attentive. The included breakfast every morning was satisfying and plentiful. There was always a close place to park in conjunction with our room. There are quite a few restaurants and fast food eateries in the area and its an easy 15-20 minute drive to downtown Seattle. We opted to stay outside of Seattle to save money and appreciated that parking was included with our stay. We would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the style and layout of our rooms. Please think of us next time your travels bring you back to Seattle.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My stay at the Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila was an absolute joy. The staff was very friendly and willing to help with whatever. Their shuttle was very useful with getting where I needed to get and they were very accommodating. Everyone was very friendly and the environment of the hotel was very professional yet extremely friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone who was staying in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jessica,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again in for your future travels.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this Residence Inn for an (extremely) extended stay this fall. I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff is excellent, the rooms are spotless and very comfortable. The fact that there's a full kitchen (cooktop AND oven) in the unit is excellent. The breakfast buffet has an excellent selection, and the dinner reception is great, as well. Everyone was awesome here, and I'll definitely be staying here when I'm back in the Seattle area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you chose our hotel for your extended stay trip to Seattle. I shared your comments with our staff today and they were thrilled to know we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Herndon, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay in a lot of Residence Inns and generally enjoy them. This one is one of the best I have stayed in. We stayed Friday-Monday. I started to list all the staff who were helpful, but actually they all were. Everyone had a friendly greeting and were willing to answer any question. The hotel actually runs its shuttle to take you back and forth from the light rail station going downtown! No parking hassle etc. They have an above average breakfast buffet and are very good at keeping everything stocked even at the busiest times. They have take-out boxes and even some cups for juice with tops that several kids were useing. Rooms were typical to slightly better and they are very near the airport with shuttle service. No need for a car if you are coming in from Sea-Tac and intend to explore downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I look forward to reviewing feedback and comments from our guests. I'm happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again next time you're in the Seattle area.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

And by location, I mean nearby (walking distance) things of interest. Less than a mile away are Southcenter Mall (you might as well walk; we literally couldn't find a place to park there on a Saturday; had to leave), Target, Olive Garden and tons of other shops.
You can take the light rail from Tukwila to downtown Seattle, and enjoy the tourist offerings there, also.
But, I digress. The hotel is the mid-80s variety Residence Inn, which looks like an apartment complex, and is comprised of several two-story apartment units. The outside is somewhat offputting, since it is behind a 7/11, in what looks like a strip mall - but the rooms are immaculate, and really well appointed. A full stove AND oven, as well as the microwave and full-sized refrigerator.
The staff, was without exception, friendly, helpful and genuine.
The only thing that troubled us was the QUEEN sized bed in the studio; don't get me wrong, the studio was plenty large for the two of us, and had a wonderful fireplace (it was COOOLLLLLDD), but we have a definite preference for a king-sized bed.
This hotel would definitely be our property of choice in the SeaTac area.
As an aside, a short drive away, one can find a Trader Joe's (Burien), and a Fred Meyer (Renton).
We hope to return.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, and request a second floor room. We elected for the ground floor, and had to de...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our hotel. I'm glad to hear you liked our central location, and friendly staff. I hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Seattle.

Safe travels,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was on business in the Tukwila area for one month. The outside did not look the best but when I got inside I was pleasantly surprised at all of the modern upgrades. It was just myself and I stayed in a studio. There was plenty of room and the staff were awesome. I am used to those efficiency type kitchens with the tiny ovens and small refrigerators but this place had full size appliances and they were all new. Its in a pretty great location too. Close to the mall and a ton of restaurants. The gym is kind of a joke. One treadmill and I think a pair of 5lb dumbbells but I went down the street (less than a mile) to the LA Fitness and paid about 40 dollars for the month. It was a good experience and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would make sure and stay on the second floor so you dont have people stomping around above you all...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad that you liked our updated spacious suites!! We hope that you stay with us next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area.

Little River, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A rare find today -great staff, a real breakfast and a warm and hearty manager's reception. Always greeted by a smile. Their courtesy shuttle van is fantastic - due to the service and their driver Doug. Stayed here on our way to Alaska and again on the way home - a great find - wish all could be like this Residence Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be equal - some a bit farter than others from the office - however easily accessib...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I always look forward to reading reviews especially when employees are mentioned by name! Doug is definitely one of our superstars!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area.

David Murphy

Been to Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila? Share your experiences!