“GREAT Burgers!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Adna, Washington
“GREAT Burgers!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you find yourself driving up to Mt St Helen's, this is a great place to stop and eat. My wife and I have spent the last two weekends scouting for Elk and stopped twice. I had the "kid valley" burger and she had the " Hawaiian" (pineapple / ham burger). Both were very juicy 3-4 napkin kind!! Second time I couldn't leave the burgers alone and ordered another with my wife ordering the chicken and dumplings. The burgers/sandwiches are all ala cart. Their side salad $2.99 extra is fresh spring greens not a standard lettuce/carrot blend. Nice touch! another knock out! Very friendly staff. If the weathers nice a pretty good view of the Green River from their deck is a great seat. Home made cobblers are also their forte. Bugers average $7.95-9.95. Chicken and dumplings $12.95 which IS served with a side salad at no additional charge. Great place! Be advised they close for the winter around November. Not sure if they open for weekends only. Better call if visiting that time of year.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
De Soto, Missouri
“Great view, fun restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We ate here with our 2 boys on a trip to Mt St Helens. The restaurant is quaint with a large porch and both inside and outside seating. We ate out on the porch overlooking the river far below. The food was excellent. They had a nice kids menu and the cobblers for desert were delicious. They have a nice little gift shop. It is a great place to stop to eat on the Spirit Lake Highway!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio, USA
“Good food & friendly inviting atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the perfect place to stop on your way to or from Mt. St. Helens. It is easy to find at the 19 mile marker. It has a "down home" atmosphere and you can eat inside or outside on the porch. The food is good and reasonably priced. It is a family restaurant so children are welcome and there is plenty of space. They specialize in delicious cobbler.

Edmonton, Canada
“Cobbler is to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was excellent, portions were a great size, and the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler with ice cream was heavenly. Would go out of our way to eat here again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Mankato, Minnesota
“Much better the second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

After a long day of hiking, we decided to stop at Patty's which is the same place we stopped at last year during our visit to the northwest. We were absolutely famished and I was craving a good cobbler. When we pulled up, it wasn't too busy so we were able to snag a good seat outside. We were even joined by the very friendly New Zealander that we met at Mt. Saint Helen's. :) But, unlike the previous visit, we were waited on immediately and our beverages came quickly. Shortly after, our orders were taken and the food came out fairly quickly. It was a great improvement.

While I have to agree with some reviews that the food may be a tad expensive, when I go on vacation, I like to taste the different fares of the area. And if it costs a bit more to enjoy, so be it. The food came out hot, the cold drinks were cold, the cobbler was warm. I, quite literally, cleaned up all of my food. I'm assuming it has something to do with our 10 mile hike. So, after observing & talking about the herds of elk out near Mt. Saint Helen's, our new friend and I ordered the elk burger & onion rings. My mother ordered the chicken and dumplings. I thought the meal was very satisfying. And the cobbler, I don't think I had a chance to taste it because of how quickly it was consumed. I have yet to find a place in the northwest whose cobbler is better, as it tends to be my dessert of choice when available. Again, the mountain berry is incredible.

So I'm giving Patty's the full 5-circle Excellent rating this time. The staff attentiveness seemed to be lacking last time but it turned out to be a much more enjoyable experience. We will be back again, if I have anything to say about it.