“Ok for the price, but needs maintenance.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Toppenish
Seattle, WA
“Ok for the price, but needs maintenance.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Small rooms, comfortable bed, seemed clean. We were staying in one room and visited two others. All 3 had broken toilet seats. Our bathtub drain was clogged. TV cable did not work properly and you had to turn it on at the set and then adjust the settings to get it to display properly. Front desk was no help with this. The grounds are well maintained and the hotel is a safe place to stay. Card access required, fenced back area. Staff were all friendly. Breakfast was ok with waffles, cereal, juice, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy. Location is great for touring the wine country. Limited restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Stay far from the breakfast room unless you want to hear the noise and the waffle maker dinging.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Stephen T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Mitchall,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey, it is the feedback from our guests that allow us to keep up the standard.

I apologize about your problems with the toilet seat and the TV. I have talked with maintenance concerning the toilet seat and we will rectify the condition. In regards to the TV, Charter Communications our Cable provider has just changed our service to digital and we are in the process of trouble shooting the problems that this has caused.

I hope you had a good time with the remainder of your visit to the Yakima Valley.

Best Regards
Stephen T.
Quality Inn and Suites, Toppenish - Yakima Valley
Toppenish, WA 98948
509-865-5800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Even if it were $50 not worth it, smoke smelling halls, no building climate control (halls are cold), room is barely tolerable might as well have panel walls. Save yourself time for the same rate go next door, I think toppenish inn or something I stayed last time. Still not great but almost worth the money $70ish

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Stephen T, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Scott, I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. As the New owner of the property I have stressed the satisfaction of our guests to the staff. In Regards to the smoke smell, I have purchased 2 new air purifiers for the hallways, and am learning about how that heat is regulated in the hallways.

If the room that you are given is unsatisfactory please let us know right away and we will move you to another room.

Travelers are raving about these Toppenish hotels

Sherman Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of the best hotel to stay at in Toppenish. The manager was nice and great, and of course the staff was very friendly. The rooms were outstanding because everything was clean. Came to Toppenish to visit family and freinds, and will definitely come back here ! Would recommend this place to anyone that wants to stay in nice, clean, quite enviroment. I did't have to worry about noise because this hotel is very quiet and safe. Free breakfast was served in the morning.
The internet was also fast and quick ! SATISFIED!!!!!! (also very comfortable!!!!!)

Room Tip: rooms are nice and clean
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thought we were getting a deal when we only had to pay $62 a night (for signing up for their program and paying in full up front). But nothing is worth the feeling of our bed being infested with bed bugs! The only thing worse was making this discovery at 12:45 in the morning when we were exhausted so we didn't have much choice but to stay. The manager and corporate will get an earful in the morning. I always check reviews so I would have seen the review from July and said no way but my husband booked this time and didn't read the reviews. So this hotel has known about this infestation for over 2 months and done nothing to correct it?!! This is totally unacceptable! We should have known not to stay when we walked down the main hall and it smelled like an ashtray. The sheets had hair all over them so we told them we wanted new sheets for the second night. This place is really gross. Do not stay here!

• Stayed September 2013
NJProperties, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Amy,
Thankyou for taking time to post the review and we take all compliants very seriously.You have concerned about the bed bugs foung in the room and this is very serious.So our team has been working on this issue very seriously to found out where this came from and our pest control (YORKS TERMINATORS) are working very hard since the complaint has been filed and we assure you that this wil never evre happen again in future,Also the pest control technicians are working hard to resolve this problem as quickly as posiible.Again thankyou for staying with us and bringing this issue to us.We promise it will be taken care right away.

Sinceerely
Ricky
QUALITY iNN & SUITES.
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The manager was on duty, always available and very helpful and pleasant. The beds were VERY COMFORTABLE and the room was very quiet -- we slept better than usual! The room was large and well equipped. However, the carpets were old, stained and if the maids vacuumed, you could not tell! Lots of crumbs and debris. There was hair in the sink; hair in the desk drawer and a ton of dust on top of the bathroom hand dryer unit. The entire hotel smelled musty and old and a bit strange. Was a bit overpriced. Breakfast was disappointing -- the usual waffles. Bananas were good and the coffee was adequately drinkable. Very small breakfast room; however if you are early -- no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steven,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.We have forwarded this complaint to the house-keeping department and i promise personally will not happen again in future. We hope to see you again soon!

Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked hotel room at this location weeks ahead for an upcoming wedding. While booking my room for one night stay I was told that the price per night with my military discount would be 77 dollars. When I arrived I was told that my room will not be ready until 4:30 pm been though check in time is at 3:00 pm. When I told manager Ricky that this situation is unacceptable he promptly put me in another room but said that the room will now be 110 plus tax and that my military discount does not apply. Upon entering the hallway and the room everything smelled of cigarette smoke even though I asked for smoke free room. There were cookie crumbs on the floor and entire room was not as much clean as it was poorly "febreezed". The view of the decrepit next door building and parking lot is this hotel's least of problems.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear SIr/Madam,

Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A large group of us booked many rooms here (months in advance) for a nearby wedding.

When we arrived after driving for half a day, we were told our room would not be ready on-time, even though they knew we were there for the wedding and would have to leave shortly after check in - so this short time in the room was crucial for getting ready. We later found several others in our group were told the same thing.

When our room was finally ready, I was handed the bill to sign which was $20 more than what I was told when I called in to book the room. Ricky, the manager, told me the discounted rate was only if we stayed two nights. However when I booked via the phone, I also spoke to Ricky who knowingly booked a single night and confirmed the rate was discounted for us. When I asked him why he lied to me on the phone he said nothing.

We also asked for a non-smoking room, but once we entered our room it was obvious it had been a smoking room. It wreaked and was poorly covered up with soapy-smelling air fresheners that dissipated quickly. My bed cover as well, had a cigarette burn.

There are not many hotel options in Toppenish proper so maybe they think they can get away with this behavior.

I highly recommend looking in nearby Yakima for a hotel. To me, it would be worth the extra 20 minute drive to stay somewhere cleaner and with better service.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Non Smoking Room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our House-keeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Toppenish.

Kind Regards,

QUALITYINN& SUITES

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!