“quiet but not real clean” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Toppenish
Salem, Oregon
“quiet but not real clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The manager was on duty, always available and very helpful and pleasant. The beds were VERY COMFORTABLE and the room was very quiet -- we slept better than usual! The room was large and well equipped. However, the carpets were old, stained and if the maids vacuumed, you could not tell! Lots of crumbs and debris. There was hair in the sink; hair in the desk drawer and a ton of dust on top of the bathroom hand dryer unit. The entire hotel smelled musty and old and a bit strange. Was a bit overpriced. Breakfast was disappointing -- the usual waffles. Bananas were good and the coffee was adequately drinkable. Very small breakfast room; however if you are early -- no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
NJProperties, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Steven,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.We have forwarded this complaint to the house-keeping department and i promise personally will not happen again in future. We hope to see you again soon!

QUALITYINN& SUITES

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I booked hotel room at this location weeks ahead for an upcoming wedding. While booking my room for one night stay I was told that the price per night with my military discount would be 77 dollars. When I arrived I was told that my room will not be ready until 4:30 pm been though check in time is at 3:00 pm. When I told manager Ricky that this situation is unacceptable he promptly put me in another room but said that the room will now be 110 plus tax and that my military discount does not apply. Upon entering the hallway and the room everything smelled of cigarette smoke even though I asked for smoke free room. There were cookie crumbs on the floor and entire room was not as much clean as it was poorly "febreezed". The view of the decrepit next door building and parking lot is this hotel's least of problems.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear SIr/Madam,

QUALITYINN& SUITES

Travelers are raving about these Toppenish hotels

Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A large group of us booked many rooms here (months in advance) for a nearby wedding.

When we arrived after driving for half a day, we were told our room would not be ready on-time, even though they knew we were there for the wedding and would have to leave shortly after check in - so this short time in the room was crucial for getting ready. We later found several others in our group were told the same thing.

When our room was finally ready, I was handed the bill to sign which was $20 more than what I was told when I called in to book the room. Ricky, the manager, told me the discounted rate was only if we stayed two nights. However when I booked via the phone, I also spoke to Ricky who knowingly booked a single night and confirmed the rate was discounted for us. When I asked him why he lied to me on the phone he said nothing.

We also asked for a non-smoking room, but once we entered our room it was obvious it had been a smoking room. It wreaked and was poorly covered up with soapy-smelling air fresheners that dissipated quickly. My bed cover as well, had a cigarette burn.

There are not many hotel options in Toppenish proper so maybe they think they can get away with this behavior.

I highly recommend looking in nearby Yakima for a hotel. To me, it would be worth the extra 20 minute drive to stay somewhere cleaner and with better service.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Non Smoking Room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our House-keeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Toppenish.

Kind Regards,

san mateo CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been in Toppenish before because my mother is a graduate of the high school there. I know if from afar the community, I did grow up and continue to live in California.

I am not sure where to begin, perhaps the two floor central walkway arrangement without elevator, or maybe the most interesting views from either side of the parking lot or the unclear semi industrial area next door.

The short answer is this motel sucks.

I was trying to book a place in Seattle when I was there their internet access was so bad I gave up.

Then approximately 24:00 the smoke alarm stated beeping. I was fortunate that I could remove the battery and stop the beeping. I suspect if I had not taken the now almost dead battery with me the management would have replaced it in the smoke alarm.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kenneth,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Quality Inn of Toppenish is the best hotel I have stayed in. They have a jacuzzi suite which was awesome. I had the best sleep there! My whole family loved the place, the location is very nice and they have very friendly staff as well as one of the best service. Each and every room of theirs is preeminent, this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. It definitely is a Quality hotel. They also have surveillance through the halls which keep a 24/7 vigil for the hotel. I would definitly choose this hotel than any other hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NJProperties, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

Winthrop, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and checked in and all was fine. The refrigerator wasn't working but they got it going.
The sheets smelled of bleach but I thought at least that is clean. Unfortunately when we woke up there were bedbugs next to us and under our pillows.
Any rest we may have had was wiped away.
When I told the front desk she didn't seem phased. I said I would like a refund but the manager was not available.
Later my husband called the manager and was credited our stay.

The credit card company said there is an outbreak in the state right now.

Sadly we are for another night ( kids swim meet) I think I'll find a sleeping bag from Walmart and sleep in our car. Ugh!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear RRKW

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns regarding the bug issues to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We strive for perfection in our hotel rooms and service, and the comfort of our guests is a top priority.

I would like to assure you that the concerns you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Our hotel works with Yorks Exterminating Pest Control, who regularly inspect our rooms and provide preventative service. I have had them inspect the room and was advised that there was no evidence of bug activity in the room.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Ricky (General Manager)
Jackson County, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just about what you would expect. Clean rooms, free breakfast (hot water was 80% lukewarm), internet access, fairly quiet... It is a smoke free hotel however somehow smoke was very obvious coming up from somewhere. Service was pleasant.

Room Tip: stay away from stairways: people tend to think that your room is theirs and there is smoke that filt...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NJProperties, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
DearSir/Madam,

Best Regards!!
Ricky (GM)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!