“Food was great, service was just Ok.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Hamburgers, Seafood, Grill, Organic, Soups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Montesano, Washington
“Food was great, service was just Ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ate here with some friends who had been here before and overall we were very pleased. To start we ordered the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and they ordered the Crab Dip. Both were great. Our entrees were delicious. We had the Beer Dipped Fish Fry (which came with four large pieces of Cod) and the Fried Oysters. The oysters were the extra small size, which is our preference. I had started off with Clam Chowder which had a great flavor and was a very nice creamy consistency.
During the meal it was pretty clear to us that our server was fairly new to the trade. This was ok because she was very attentive. When our bills were presented, there was a $25 difference between ours and our friends. This was surprising because the only difference between the two meals was 2 beers.
The manager straightened it out quickly (they had undercharged our friends, which was left alone, and had overcharged us, which was corrected and our bill was lowered) and was very pleasant the entire time.
We'll be back again, and once their wait staff gets a little more time in service, the place will become a great destination.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newport, Oregon
“Good Recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Don't go for the atmosphere, as there isn't a lot. But the view of Shoalwater Bay is nice and the food and service were both very good. It is definitely worth a visit if you are in or around Tokeland, WA.

Visited June 2014
University Place, Washington
“Great new place at the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Based on the view and the food after 2 visits, we will again return. However, the waitstaff needs some very serious training. On the first visit, in February, our waitress admittedly had never served before. However, she could have been trained on the basics of removing salad/soup dishes before bringing entree. We talked to the manager politely and returned in May. Again, different waitress. She brought out the entree and pushed our salad plates aside with the entree plate!! Between February and May virtually nothing had changed. We had 8 people each time and everyone enjoyed whatever they ordered. Drinks are decent and very low priced. $4.50 for something you pay $9 or $10 for in the city. The wine list is large and the pour is generous. And no tax!! Just have to get that service in order.

• Visited May 2014
“Disappointing dinner!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I read some very favorable reviews prior to my visit, however I did not have the same experience. I did like the atmosphere- fresh flowers on the tables, comfortable chairs, view, etc. But, the most important thing was the food and that was what came up short. I had the New York steak which I ordered cooked medium. It arrived very overcooked. It was served with their special rice pilaf that was bland and tasteless. My father had the baby back ribs. They had a very thick coating of their special barbeque sauce that tasted a lot like a combination of ketchup and cocktail sauce. Yuk! That special sauce was also served with our appetizer-spicey garlic prawns. The prawns were ok. The sauce was not. The hostess did come by and ask how the food was eventually and I mentioned my steak was very overcooked. She did offer to get a new one but I said no thanks since it had been quite some time since the food arrived and the waitress never even came by the table to see if we needed anything or if the food was ok. I didnt want to wait for it at that point so just ate the one I was served. They offered us a free dessert. We got a piece of chocolate cake covered in a chocolate ganache. The cake was moist but the ganache was terrible. First time I ever had ganache that wasn't smooth-the texture was like crystallized sugar granules. I cant believe they served that. This is not a place that I would ever eat anything off of the dinner menu again. Might try it for lunch sometime. Their beer battered fish and chips looked good when I saw the waitress go by with it for another table.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cosmopolis, Washington
“Wonderful View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great new addition to the Harbor...restaurant is upstairs, however they have an elevator :) . Wonderful view of cannery slough, wetlands and pacific tide waters. The restaurant has elevated seating in the middle, so everyone has a nice view v.s. people just sitting by the windows. The food was excellent, my wife had the Beer Batter Fish Fry and I the Hemp Burger. The fish was plentiful and Hemp Burger tasty, the only suggestion I would have is they need a non gluten alternative for their burger. Will return enjoyed everything...

• Visited April 2014