“Amazing food tucked away in a Fife corner.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Seattle
“Amazing food tucked away in a Fife corner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This place looks like a Denny's that time forgot. The dated and tired decor completely belies the amazing food you will experience here. We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. The menu changes all the time, and compares favorably to any fancy Seattle restaurant, without the pretension, the high prices, or the parking hassles. Bring your out of town guests, and surprise them, and yourself, with a great dining experience.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gig Harbor, Washington
“My favorite place for many years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My late mother discovered this place many years ago and brought me here. We were smitten by the homemade corn & fish chowder and kept coming back. Mom's been gone for seven years now and I still visit whenever I can stop in Fife. I have never, ever been disappointed, something I can't say about, well, much in life!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kirkland, Washington
“Save your money and go to Dick's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I'm quite honestly surprised at the positive restaurants reviews that I see here -- I would never go back Fife City Bar and Grill, and the prices are totally out of the ballpark for the quality of food served. I honestly think that Denny's is better than this place...

We dined there last night and I can't remember the last time I had such a bad meal. I had the seafood corn chowder - which was marginal at best. I couldn't even make out any of the seafood in it -- the pieces were so small and the taste was bland. My partner had the butternut soup and it was watery (never had butternut soup that wasn't creamy) and absolutely flavorless.

I ordered one of the specials -- pork chops. Two of the thinnest possible cuts were pan seared with oil still dripping off of them. They had absolutely no favor at all and were so tough -- I could hardly chew them. They were on top of what was supposed to be a sweet potato pancake -- which was some sort of shredded sweet potatoes that didn't seem like they were even cooked and had no flavor. The other seasonal vegetables were boiled and had lost any life they might have had in them -- I couldn't even get a second bite down.

When our waitress came by to see how we liked the food -- I told her that I didn't, that the food was flavorless and not very good. All she did was say that she was sorry that I didn't like my food and charged us full price.

My regret was not sending the food back.

And the other thing is that this is the first restaurant review that I've ever written -- I was that motivated to let other people know how bad this place was.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Chef owned and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

Chef owned and great food!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere