“Without a doubt, the best meal I have ever eaten!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Tacoma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 596 Restaurants in Tacoma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between S 21st & S 23rd Streets
Description: For years, discriminating diners have trusted the establishments of Paul Mackay to turn landmark occasions into lasting memories. At El Gaucho Tacoma, you and your guest will be treated to the ultimate dining experience, including the attentive tableside service that is the Mackay hallmark. Step back in time to an era of uncompromising service and total indulgence, where the smallest of details are considered the most basic ingredients of your visit. We set the stage for an extraordinary event that will exceed your every expectation.
Tacoma, Washington
“Without a doubt, the best meal I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My fiance and I ate here several weeks ago, and although we both live in the area, eat out quite frequently, and had been intending to go to El Gaucho for some time, it was our first visit. But let me just say: it shan't be our last!

We arrived early for our reservations, so we sat at the bar for a champagne aperitif. We had barely taken our first sips before we were seated--I'd say that pretty much upon walking in the door, to thanking the valet, the service we received was superb. These men and women are artists. Truly professional.

And the food. Oh, the food! It was glorious. My fiance went with an Australian Lobster Tail and our server's suggestion, her personal favorite: the dry-aged Rib Chop. He was kind enough to share a couple of bites with me--I say that because, if it had been mine, I would have wanted to greedily gobble it up--and it was legitimately the best steak/chop I've ever tasted! I, on the other hand, had the Baseball-Cut Sirloin served with lobster medallions "El Gaucho style," and although that too was amazing, his was better. We also enjoyed the Escargot, a wonderful dessert (per the server's recommendation as well), and the complimentary fruit and cheese plate was also a nice finishing touch to the meal.

Overall, if I can leave one tip for you, it is: TRUST YOUR SERVER! They really are professionals. El Gaucho is a true gastronomic experience, worth every pretty penny! I have heard, however, that they have a really great happy hour. I definitely intend to go back soon. Finishing on a side not, I too am pleased that they hired the former Nordstrom pianist. His playing is such a treat!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
El Gaucho S, Guest Relations Manager at El Gaucho Tacoma, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for your review! We strive to deliver world-class service and exceptional food to our guests, and we are thrilled that you received one of the best meals ever with us. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed a true El Gaucho Tacoma dining experience. We will pass along your kudos to the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at one of our El Gaucho locations or at our seafood restaurant, AQUA by El Gaucho.

Cheers!

Enumclaw, Washington, United States
“Always above and beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have visited the Tacoma location several time of the years and the food and service always exceed expectations. They have yet to let us down!

• Visited March 2013
“Almost Perfect Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went to El Gaucho to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. The meal was amazing from start to finish. Our server AnnMarie was awesome: attentive, entertaining and professional. We started with Oyster on the half shell. They were the freshest my husband had ever had, I haven't seen him that happy in a long time. So happy infact, he ordered more! The caesar salad is unrivaled. Hand made dressing table side. My Steak El Gaucho was perfection as was his Surf n Turf. Sides: Scalloped potatoes, Roasted Corn and Sauteed Spinach all cooked perfectly and blended well with everything. My only complaint, and this isn't huge... Our 10th Anniversary and they squeezed us inbetween two other parties? Strange especially when they have private booths. So, I encourage you, for intimacy request the booth. Other than that? Expect to pay a months worth of groceries for this dinner. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
El Gaucho S, Guest Relations Manager at El Gaucho Tacoma, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hi Siedem,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a true El Gaucho Tacoma experience. We strive to deliver unparalleled service and exceptional food to our guests. Thank you for choosing us as the place to celebrate your anniversary. We are sorry that you weren't happy with your table, as we do our best to accommodate all requests. We hope that next time you visit we will be able to offer you a setting more to your liking.

We look forward to serving you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
“El Gaucho's always impresses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Dont go to El Gaucho's if your in a hurry, short on money or patience. El Gaucho's has a great menu, excellent decor and some of the best service in Tacoma. Wait staff walks the Ladies back and forth to the restroom hallway, guys we are on our own.....very nice added touch in service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent, Washington
“Awesome Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great place for a romantic dinner - wonderful ambience - fantastic steaks, superior service, a small, but discriminating wine list - a truly excellent dining experience! If you are looking for a special place to take a special someone, this restaurant is a great place to consider. It isn't cheap, but the experience was certainly worth the money!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho Tacoma, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear noworries2000,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are thrilled that you received a true El Gaucho Tacoma experience with us. We strive to deliver world-class service and exceptional food, and we are glad we hit the mark with your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again next time you visit our area.

Cheers!