“Heartwarming food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
“Heartwarming food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friend and I visited Joeseppi's yesterday for the 1st time during lunch and ordered of the dinner menu. Our waitress seemed busy but we didn't mind having to wait about 10+ minutes to order. Our waitress was friendly and we felt like she genuinely cared about us having a good experience. I ordered the lasagna and my friends ordered a margerita pizza (Sorry bout the spelling). The portions are LARGE! My lasagna was great and my friend didn't like her pizza-so she asked to order something else. Our waitress apologized-took it off out check and quickly was able to get her an alternate meal of my friends choosing. My friends approved of the second dish we finished off with a Teramissu dessert. It melted in our mouth-yum! Between our waitress and another sever, they kept our drinks coming, waters full and breadsticks coming. An elderly man (my friend and I assumed was Mr. Joeseppi) made numerous rounds to the tables making sure our meals were ok and was joking with us. I'm giving 4 stars for the good only cuz my pal don't like her 1st plate, but that pizza looked good with quality ingredients. 4 stars for service for having a long wait to order. I would strongly recommend visiting Joeseppis. I CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK AGAIN!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Port Orchard, Washington
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Been coming here for years and I have never had anything less than a great meal. Their tomatoe cream sauce is magic. Homemade tarimisu is worth the calorie splurge. They catered my wedding years ago and prices have hardly changed since then. Consistently great thanks Joe!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma
“Overpriced, overcooked pasta, BUT the canollis are wonderful!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'd been here a couple times (the first time wasn't good, the other wasn't a group gettogether, so I had not choice, and finally, we were given a gift card for this last visit) There was nothing about the meal that was worth more than $8 a plate (basic, below average Italian food), so $17 and $19 a plate is just ridiculous. They did comp the overcooked pasta and the wattress was sweet, but the food and prices left me without a good enough reason to go back... except one bright spot - the canolli was reallllly good, and only $2.50! I will be back for more of those.

Visited January 2013
Tacoma,WA
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

You are always greeted when you walk in the door. If Joe is there, he'll lead you to your table and often stop to chat. There are a lot of great Italian food choices at reasonable prices. There is a small deli area and a friend of mine has driven about 30 miles round trip to buy sausage there.

Visited November 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“horrible, hard parmesan!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Ordered the Chicken Parmesan and the breading was almost thicker than the chicken breast. Same with the Eggplant Parmesan. And then cooked too long because it was rock-hard. Sauce was medicre at best. House dressing of Blue Cheese Italian tasted like a creamy italian dressing with no blue cheese flavor at all.

• Visited September 2012