“Love Love Love Bab's!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Milton, Washington
“Love Love Love Bab's!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Definitely a favorite in Tacoma! Never have had an issue with the owner! We have always found him to be nice and welcoming and we have even gone in several times with our babies. You really need to appreciate food and quality to get how good this bistro is. If you are not someone who prizes quality, the made to order dishes here will be lost on you. We have even gone here with groups (6 adults and 2 babies) and received amazing service and everyone enjoyed their food. Would recommend to anyone who appreciates true culinary craftsmanship!

Visited September 2013

Highland Park, Illinois
“Don't miss this place in Tacoma. Very Underrated on TA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

While traveling thru Tacoma & hungry for lunch/brunch, went to check out things thru Trip Advisor. Looked at the Bite restaurant, That was in a hotel & not our kind of place. I searched down to a bit & found Babblin Babs.

We had a bit of trouble finding it, since it's in a strip mall behind a parking lot. Once there, I was still a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. It sounded as if the food was very rich....au contrare...it was fresh, flavorful, herb-filled, but not at all too rich...and, it was wonderful.

The Chef/Owner has been in the business for quite some time, knows how to be creative with fresh, local foods & creates a wonderful meal. I ordered a "custard" egg (which I thought was going to be rich, but just meant it was baked/scrambled in a circular shape) with ground sausage, not spicy, but wonderfully herb flavored. Also,on my plate, sweet potato hash...so great tasting, cubes of crusty potato with onion and pepper...Delish! Hubby had a smoked salmon dish, beautifully served with capers, potatoes and thin sliced granny apples... a real foodie treat. We looked up above our table to see a picture of Rick Steeves (Travel Guru) and knew we had found a real gem.

Great local place that more travelers should find. Chef/Owner grew up in Chicago area & we spend quite some time talking about the past...we hated to leave!

Be sure to visit this place!! very underrated on Trip Advisor

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma, Washington
“Best Breakfast Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Here's what I had for my birthday breakfast at Babblin' Babs Bistro yesterday:
Wild Mushroom Crepes a la Babs: A blend of Shiitake, Nameko, Oyster, Champignons, Shimeji, Porcini, and baby Oyster mushrooms made into a duxelle and seasoned with Greek spice, spinach and preserved lemons and Parmesan cheese. Delicate crepes filled and baked crispy; then laced with a Vermouth cream sauce.

The mushrooms & sauce were a savory delight and the crepes were cooked to exactly the right balance of toasty softness. They were served with an amazing, creamy au gratin potato and fresh fruit so beautifully arranged that I almost couldn't bring myself to eat it..... almost.

William is not just a great chef, he cares about the sources and freshness of the food he serves. After one meal, I am an avid fan. I'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Consistently amazing food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Best breakfast in town. Made from scratch, so it takes awhile. Best lunches in town. Food is fresh, local, organic and prepared well. No salt shakers here. It is pricey, but in this case you really do get excellent food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma, WA
“Not for everyone, but others love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

TItle should probably be" Not for me, but everyone else loved it." I am a breakfast lover, but at the same time I am not one for fancy, gourmet like foods. I want bacon, eggs, toast, and hash brown when I go out to breakfast. If it is waffles, pancakes, or French toast, I want it plain and simple. Except for the excellent bread, there wasn't much plain or simple here. The other three people in the party are have much better palates than I do, so they loved their food. My wife had a French toast with infused mango. It was great for her, but not what I would want. The naan dish ordered by the other two was much to their liking. My homemade sausage with bacon in it was probably excellent, but not what my lousy taste buds are used to and not much to my liking. The custard egg was good, as were the potatoes. I would have preferred my freshly baked bread to have been toasted, and a variety of jams would have been appreciated rather than the ONE they offered. Each breakfast was $15, which I think is way too high for a breakfast. This place is busy, and people love it. So you may, too. But if you are looking for a good, plain breakfast, this is not the place for you. I wish my palate wasn't so boring, but that is how it it. You can check their menu on line.

• Visited April 2013