“Disgusting!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Yakima, Washington
“Disgusting!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stay in hotels a lot, and thought I had seen the worst, but this hotel was the most disgusting I've ever walked in to! The first room they sent me to, the lights wouldn't come on and neither would the heat, and the room had a terrible odor. I asked for another room and they obliged, but the second room was horrible. There was graffiti inside the shower, mold in bathroom on the baseboards, cigarette burns on the dirty bedspread, no carpet and large cracks in the cheap wood flooring, one of the towels had yucky stains all over it, the bedframe was very crudely repaired with old 2x4 lumber. The final straw was when I turned down the cover on the bed and found cornchips and disgusting stains on the blanket. I called the desk, told them I was leaving (I'd been there less then a hour) and demanded a refund. They refused, I left anyway and drove a block down the street to Motel 6 and checked into a very clean comfortable room for the same price! I took pictures of all the crud in the Rodeway Inn room, and will be posting them below and sending them to the local sanitation authority!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Naselle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My daughter and i rented this room because of location and on the web it looked nice, but once we were there, the outdoor pool was drained, which i guess is understandable in the winter, and the room was horrible, it was dirty, the bathroom was so small you had to be almost in the tub to shut the door and the cracks in the tub were horrible, the paint was an ugly yellow, the TV was very old and then when we went to check out the Clerk tried to charge us double what we agreed to pay.. we had to make them pull out our sheet we signed at check in to show here we were not paying more. will go to the Comfort Inn next time, even if it is more expensive, this was horrible..Stacy

Room Tip: There is several hotels all around this one, this is not the one to pick.. no way
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tieton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While it is a 1-star (Priceline), the Rodeway Inn on Hosmer in Tacoma, WA ought to have zero stars. The room was dirty and shabby and the clientele I saw would fit in well with drug dealers and prostitutes. I left after 10 minutes. Another room wouldn't have made me feel more comfortable at that point. The ~$50 I paid was too much. Any money would be too much. I slept in my car on the side of the road instead. Got home at 6 a.m. Obviously this hotel doesn't think much of its customers as it doesn't provide a welcoming, tidy place for them. Most folks clean up for guests to make them feel comfortable and to welcome them. It's like the house hugs them. Hotels are like that too. Not this one. I will tell everyone I can not to stay at Rodeway, and I won't consider Rodeway, in any city, after seeing this one.

Room Tip: Pick any other hotel and you'll be happier.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place is dirty, smells bad and has bugs! Sitting on the bed, and a spider dropped from the ceiling and onto my leg. Sat on the bed for a few minutes and started itching. We left. We were promised a refund. If it doesn't go through, you can be sure we'll be calling the credit card company to fight that charge!

• Stayed July 2012
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I didn't actually expect much from this low budget hotel but it was pretty bad. We chose it for the location near the highway and knew it wouldn't be anything special. Poorly maintained room, damaged bedding, empty nasty pool and general decline are all this place has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

normally i wouldnt say negative things ....... but this hotel is absolutely the worst ive came across !
about the only positive i have is the cost ......and for the product ....it was still priced to high !
The staff are rude , especially the people in charge , ive stayed 2 times , the last time the manager bangs on the door an hour and a half before check out .....claiming we had to leave , angered ... i told him go check his desk ...... i paid for 2 nights !! he yells at me he is calling the police ..... ohhhhh myyyyyyy goodness !! i closed the door told him go call .....
the building is in very poor shape ..... units arnt clean ...horrible experience , in every way !!
dont go ..... these people have NO clue in hospitality running a business and even common courtesy !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was concerned when I found the window open and unsecured. Dim lite made it hard to see what I was getting into. When all the lites were on, there were bugs and debris behind the door, on the floor (which was sticky), hair in the sink, urine on the floor and around the toilet. Bathtub backed up and the lights would turn on and off on their own. Notified the clerk, sorry was the answer, but that was all. Only stayed in one worse hotel in my life, and I have traveled all over the world!

Room Tip: Any place but here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!