“Eew” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Tieton
“Eew”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While it is a 1-star (Priceline), the Rodeway Inn on Hosmer in Tacoma, WA ought to have zero stars. The room was dirty and shabby and the clientele I saw would fit in well with drug dealers and prostitutes. I left after 10 minutes. Another room wouldn't have made me feel more comfortable at that point. The ~$50 I paid was too much. Any money would be too much. I slept in my car on the side of the road instead. Got home at 6 a.m. Obviously this hotel doesn't think much of its customers as it doesn't provide a welcoming, tidy place for them. Most folks clean up for guests to make them feel comfortable and to welcome them. It's like the house hugs them. Hotels are like that too. Not this one. I will tell everyone I can not to stay at Rodeway, and I won't consider Rodeway, in any city, after seeing this one.

Room Tip: Pick any other hotel and you'll be happier.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

This place is dirty, smells bad and has bugs! Sitting on the bed, and a spider dropped from the ceiling and onto my leg. Sat on the bed for a few minutes and started itching. We left. We were promised a refund. If it doesn't go through, you can be sure we'll be calling the credit card company to fight that charge!

• Stayed July 2012
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I didn't actually expect much from this low budget hotel but it was pretty bad. We chose it for the location near the highway and knew it wouldn't be anything special. Poorly maintained room, damaged bedding, empty nasty pool and general decline are all this place has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

normally i wouldnt say negative things ....... but this hotel is absolutely the worst ive came across !
about the only positive i have is the cost ......and for the product ....it was still priced to high !
The staff are rude , especially the people in charge , ive stayed 2 times , the last time the manager bangs on the door an hour and a half before check out .....claiming we had to leave , angered ... i told him go check his desk ...... i paid for 2 nights !! he yells at me he is calling the police ..... ohhhhh myyyyyyy goodness !! i closed the door told him go call .....
the building is in very poor shape ..... units arnt clean ...horrible experience , in every way !!
dont go ..... these people have NO clue in hospitality running a business and even common courtesy !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was concerned when I found the window open and unsecured. Dim lite made it hard to see what I was getting into. When all the lites were on, there were bugs and debris behind the door, on the floor (which was sticky), hair in the sink, urine on the floor and around the toilet. Bathtub backed up and the lights would turn on and off on their own. Notified the clerk, sorry was the answer, but that was all. Only stayed in one worse hotel in my life, and I have traveled all over the world!

Room Tip: Any place but here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

At first I thought the hotel might have changed since these reviews were written, but I was wrong. The hotel attempts to cover up their problems by painting the walls blue and redoing their sign, but nothing changes. I keep discovering bugs in my room and the blankets have holes in them. The room is very stuffy and has a strange smell. The floors are sticky and you can hear everything going on around you. Some of the staff are nice, however the manager has no clue how to handle problems and is very rude. I tried to present an issue I was having with them double charging me at the same time because they forgot to the first time, putting me over my credit card limit. And told me too bad to my face and shut the window on me. I would definitely only recommend staying here to have dirty sex or do drugs or too cheap. Especially when there are so many hotels around, what was I thinking? PS, the bed has been causing me to break out and is filthy

Room Tip: None, spend more money on a room some where else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

Checked in around 2 am with my two yr old grandson. Checked out 4:30 am itching, covered in bedbugs. Flat old pillows, no coffee maker, decent cups, towels or soaps. Rude clerk, wouldn't refund money, or call manager. Didn't care, I had a two yr old with me. 15 mins of trying to sleep, opened my eyes to see baby covered. Have a rash and can't stop itching. Anyone else with this experience, please call health dept. This place is a hooker, gang banger serious DUMP. Impossible for them to be oblivious to the bug problem and lousy maid service. They need put out of business.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!