“One night is all I needed” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
“One night is all I needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Since my stay here had nothing to do with the tacona dome I had no business being here. Rooms are the real downer. I have stayed in many hotels, including one less than 5 minutes away, and have never been more disappointed in a room. The worst part is that they couldn't have put more stuff of marginal quality in a room this small. Maybe just put one bed in here instead of two tiny beds.
Dinner in the restaurant was ok, the waitress was doing a great job to keep up with a full room. The food itself was average at best, I expected better for 60$ for three people.
After looking at the reviews the only reason I havent given it a 1* is because we are still here and breakfast sounds like the best part of everyone else's review.
If I stayed here to go to a concert I wouldn't be so picky, but I was here to relax and enjoy time with my family.

• Stayed March 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best Western Tacoma Washington. Very Bad Don't Stay Even For Free.
My job requires me to travel twice a week and stay in the hotels for few days. I don't have time for writing reviews but this one important.
1. Arrival - as you arrive to the front or the back entrance of the hotel you will encounter very unpleasant smell of gas or propane and as "a greeting team" people smoking right by the entrance in the garage (back door) or in the front. This nice order welcomes you into the hotel lobby. Next you will be greeted by a very unwelcoming and inhospitable supervisor with Hispanic accent. After staying there for few days I realize she doesn't have words as inconvenience, regretful or sorry in her vocabulary.
2. Getting to my room - when you get into elevator don't forget to get the can of Febreze with you because smell of propane and cigarette smoke will definitely stay on your clothing. As I get to my floor the first thing I see is a pile of dirty dishes on the table by the elevator's entrance that stay there overnight and the whole next day. There was a fresh pile of dirty dishes sitting there every day.
3. Room - the room felt very “midget”. It included all the amenities you find in a normal hotel. They all were so cramped together so you couldn't use one without reorganizing the furniture. It could be your thing if you love "room make over" shows. They might charge you extra for it if you don't place it back as you found. Lovely 32' tv from last century was taking half of the room. Don't try to make your own coffee in the room because there is no room for it the shelf with the coffee pot almost at your neck level. If you expect to get coffee in the lobby you would be mistaken again. The coffee station is closed as prompt as breakfast. If you few minutes late - it is gone.
4. The best part - if you brought a tooth brush or any other toiletry you also need to bring an extra spare bag too. Why - because there is no counter at all in the bathroom and they place soup, shampoo etc. on top of the toilet water tank leaving you a little space to put your things next to it. I suggest putting it on the floor or chances are it will end up in the toilet bowl. Going back to "happy gas" smell - I guess the room heating is done with propane or something that produce that CO2 type order. Of course for your convince there no CO2 or fire alarm detectors in the room. Oh, I forgot - there is no room for those. It is also possible I didn't know how to use heating and air system to warm up the room. After first day I was getting headaches every morning and the room wouldn't stay warm and the only window to get fresh air was locked and blocked by the furniture any way.
I have to say this to be fair I stayed in few Best Western hotels. This one was the worse one on west coast. Pay a bit more, get clean and welcoming hotel and feel appreciated or better to say normal.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, spare your health.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Right next to the Tacoma Dome that is good. The hotel is clean, but waited forever for hot water. Think they had a mechanical problem with a cir pump. The exhaust air in the bathroom runs all the time. If you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. The free breakfast is very good, lots of selection, but it closes up at 9:30am. Not good if you are a late riser or retired. We attended the PBR event at the dome, on the Saturday night after the event, the restaurant was closed and only the bar open. There are no stairs to access your room, and the elevator gets busy with lots of people. We had a meal, not the best food. Before my wife was finished the waitress brought the bill.

Room Tip: Down a block from the hotel is a free trolley to downtown Tacoma. Works great and stops. The Glass...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kennewick, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the Tacoma Dome Best Western during the Mat Classic this year as I did last year. Both times the Staff was awesome and this year more so than last. I was eager to get home after all the pacing I did watching my grandson wrestle. It was worth it because he took the Title at the 3A 170 class. Each time I returned to my room. It was nice to see that housekeeping had cleaned it up for me. Anytime I had a question. The Front Desk personnel were courteous and professional. The breakfast they serve is awesome and saved me time and money from having to go anywhere to eat. I really liked the location, where it is close to the Dome and close to the Transit Train to go Downtown. In the rush to get home. I left my new Columbia jacket in the closet. I didn't notice it until the next day after I got home. I called, they hooked me up with Housekeeping . I described the jacket to them, and they found it. I just got it in the mail and just want to tell The Staff. THANK YOU. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!!!!! I have my name in for a room for next years Mat Classic. I hope I am able to get one because I really don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grapeview, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were just needing a place to sleep for the night. When we went to check in, the lobby was packed with people attending a large athletic event next door at the Tacoma Dome. I was a little concerned about possible noise from all of the kids in the hotel, but was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was all night. The hotel is built with concrete walls so I think it makes the rooms very quiet. It is right next door to the Tacoma Dome and the LeMay Auto Museum, but also convenient to downtown. The only drawback was the breakfast, however I would cut them some slack due to the sold out night with a lot of hungry teenagers in the breakfast room in the morning. When we went down close to the cutoff time for breakfast, there wasn't any food left, so we went to the local Starbucks for a light breakfast. Other than that, everything was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The amenities of the room were fine; the neighbourhood is, of course, scruffy, but the hotel couldn't be more convenient to the Tacoma Dome. The distinguishing feature of our stay was the near-midnight scam call purporting to be from the front desk. The caller ("Steve") stated that the hotel had suffered a software problem and had to reload all customer information. After some discussion, it emerged that he wanted our credit card details. I hung up and visited the desk. The on-duty persons were not surprised by this event, and indicated that it was an oft-recurring incident. They claim they had reprogrammed the phone system to forward all calls through the switchboard, but that's not what the day clerk stated (this peson, Jay, didn't seem very interested and said that such phone system changes are "not possible"). There must be ways to restrict outside calls to rooms, especially during late hours, but management apparently can't be bothered to arrange this. From that perspective, it does appear that staff convenience outweighs customer security and comfort.

Bottom line: unless you have an event at the Dome, try another hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Tacoma Dome Hotel? Share your experiences!