I've just spent the night at Radisson Courtyard, and exploring Tacoma. The hotel is very well located for the arts district and just feet from the Convention Centre. Rooms are spacious with big flat screen TV's (50 channels) and large, standard bathrooms. Breakfast was very good but ends at 9:30 on a weekday/ 10:00 on weekends and they stick to that. The bar was pretty small and, at 7:00 on a Saturday, pretty dead.
Likewise, downtown Tacoma as a destination doesn't have a lot going for it. Its kind of like all of the action and activity has been sucked away by Seattle. It is clean and safe, but you have the feeling that all the fun and people left and went to Seattle. Walk north up Pacific avenue (behind the hotel) to find the most interesting bars/restaurants.
In terms of culture, the Museum of Glass is very interesting but not very big. You will need to make a judgement call about shelling out $12 to see it. I found the Chiuly glassworks on the bridge and in front of the Museum as interesting as what can be found inside. Good luck!
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Tacoma Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Tacoma Downtown Hotel Tacoma
- Courtyard Tacoma
- Tacoma Courtyard
- Tacoma Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale design and down-home comforts meld perfectly at this urban hotel. Situated in the heart of downtown, Courtyard is just steps from museums, restaurants and the Tacoma Convention Center. With European-style spa and salon as well as award-winning restaurant, pool and fitness center under one roof, your choices for relaxation abound. In-room executive desk, complimentary wi-fi, DVD player, large HD TV screen, microwave, mini-refrigerator and Marriott Plush Bedding make traveling a pleasure for both business and leisure. Walking/biking trails and waterfront activities are just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Courtyard Tacoma Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.