“Best southern food around” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 668 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Steilacoom, Washington
“Best southern food around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you like southern food cooked at it's best with a wide variety to choose from then this is the place to go. From bbq to catfish or pork chops, etc., awesome cornbread and iced tea or lemonade served in old fashioned jars. Very comfortable and friendly staff.

Visited June 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

If I had not read about this place, I would not have noticed it. The chicken fried steak and fried chicken were very good. The peach cobbler was really good, too, but it served four easily.

Visited March 2013
Smyrna, Delaware
“Had to try several meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

While visiting our daughter this past week she had a list of places to take us and Saturday morning we headed here. I thought wow...right next to an auto repair shop! It was packed but we got a table. Excellent Excellent service. Special of the day was biscuits and gravy for 5.95 you get eggs and potatoes with this. Oh my goodness awesome. Our daughter got this and I had to try the pancakes, eggs, and bacon which was 9.95 Huge pancakes and loads of the best fried up bacon and great scrambled eggs. My hubby had to try eggs over easy with fried potatoes and sausage. The best sweet tea ever in mason jars. Now we saw many around us getting this lemonade with strawberries combo in the mason jar and we thought next time we would try this. Well Monday morning which was our last day, I voted to come here again. While it was very busy it wasn't as bad as Saturday. French toast special today so that was all me and the other two ate the same. Oh my gosh it was excellent. We got a side of gravy and biscuits...I think we cleaned the bowl! We love the southern cooking when we are in Tennessee in the Smokies and these folks put our favorite local restaurants there to shame! I so wanted to try the catfish and taste the corncakes but I will save that for our next visit in a few months. Thank you for great food and no rushing to get your customers out. That was so refreshing!!!! We could enjoy our food and not be hurried!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland
“Best Corn cake and delicious Fried Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Incredible Southern Cooking and not greasy! The chicken was delicious, hot and extremely moist and juicy. Sides were delicious, too. A great lunch or dinner spot with a lot of local character!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
“Plan some time, Perfect fried chicken takes a few minutes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stop at So Kitchen everytime we get a chance, we have driven 2 hours each way, just to eat here. It is delicious southern cooking, just like at my Grandma's house!!! You won't be able to finish everything, so order the bread pudding to go & enjoy it later!!

• Visited December 2012