“Great fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 29 Attractions in Tacoma
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Children of all ages will love the interactive activities and structured play that make learning fun through such exhibits as "Under the Big Top: A Circus Adventure," "Grubby Gardeners" and the "Farmer's Market."
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Great fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took our twin five year old grandsons and their two year old brother here. This was their second trip there and they had a wonderful time.
Plus for seniors ...plenty of places to sit and rest and just watch. Best of all was the room where they could put balls and scarves in suction tubes and watch the action.

Visited August 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“Very Small, not a lot of variety. I found a couple of issues that i did not like.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I recently went with my grandchild. He was bored after less than an hour.
It was very crowded for a week day. Parking in the Museum lot is NOT available during the week, all of the spots were marked reserved with signs that you WILL be towed if you park there without permission. (not exactly user friendly for parents with children).
It is a pay what you want (donations) museum. We donated $20 for 4 adults and one child, I don't feel like we got our moneys worth.
I also had a HUGE issue with the electric outlets. I counted 10 that appeared to have no child protection on them. I questioned this when i left and was told that they are a special type of outlet that are child safe. Apparently the plugs can only be used in a certain way. However, my thoughts are that kids are smart and can figure a lot of unusual (child safe) things out. Also, if children think these normal looking outlets are safe, will that pose a problem other places where the outlets are not protected?
I would not recommend this museum, I feel that for just a little bit farther drive there are much better options.

Visited November 2013
Seattle, Washington
9 attraction reviews
“Great fun for children up to the age of ten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were really impressed! We spend two hours there and it wasn't long enough. My eight and six year olds would have stayed all day. The space is split into numerous zones each of which is different and really capture kids imagination. We also visited the three museums nearby over two consecutive Saturdays and it was well worth the trip from Seattle.

Visited October 2013
Tacoma, Washington
23 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I loved this place! Kids can run around, dress up, build, color, make music, dance, and more! Great activities for kids under 12, and even pretty cool for the parents too. My favorite area was the music room and the coloring room.

Visited November 2013
Federal Way, Washington, United States
19 attraction reviews
“Nice smaller museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our granddaughter (4 yr old) loves this museum. It's filled with fun play areas that spark creativity. One you get past the extremely slow check-in process and the required orientation (inside voices, share, play gently) your kids will have a blast. They have a "what-ever-you-can-pay" policy so try to be generous. Other similar museums charge $6+/person.

Visited August 2013