“Great Zoo” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 29 Attractions in Tacoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Treat your family to a special day at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. Where else can you see seahorses and sharks, peacocks and penguins, wolves and walrus, all in one place? The 29-acre Zoo is large enough to offer an awesome array of animals yet small enough to let you get really close to them. Our keepers often roam the grounds, taking animals on strolls so you can see them up close. Who knows? You might run into a lynx on your way to see the polar bears! Be sure to visit Kids Zone. This fanciful exhibit engages children in active learning through play. The focus is on fun, movement and learning what animals need to thrive.The breathtaking views of Puget Sound, Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountains are free - and so is the parking. So what are you waiting for? Bring your family to see ours. Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is open at 9:30 a.m. daily. Closing times vary. Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is just minutes off of I-5 in beautiful Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, WA.
Seattle, Washington
14 attraction reviews
“Great Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's a nice little zoo with lots of variety plus great views. Take your time and enjoy it. I'd say it's a small zoo with a small aquarium but they've set it up very nicely. It's on a hill so you'll walk down to the bottoma and then back up again but it's not bad at all. I've been many times and it's always great. Zoo Lights (during Christmas break) is a great way to see it at night. Don't miss it!

Visited December 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Birthday Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I took my daughter here for my her ninth birthday. I love the location and they have little play areas for the kids, It is not horribly overpriced at all! It cost $50 for four of us (plus a baby) to get in. They had staff everywhere to help with any questions. Just all over a great place to visit.

Visited May 2013
Federal Way, Washington
22 attraction reviews
“Small Zoo, But Still Had A Good Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've visited this zoo multiple times and its always been a good experience! My boyfriend surprised me to Zoo Lights for my birthday in December and it was beautiful. We walked around the area a couple times because we really enjoyed it. Sometimes the animals were sleeping, but I don't mind as long as I'm with good company and there is always other animals to look at. This zoo is great for kids! Not only because its small, but they have a petting area filled with so many interesting activities and animals up close. I would definitly rate the zoo a 7.5 or 8 just because I've always had a good visit. Its worth the visit!

Visited December 2012
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“What A Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The first thing you'll notice about this attraction is how it's off the beaten path and tucked into a beautiful forest. Once on the property, you'll immediately notice their luscious, well tended gardens and landscaping.....and you haven't even gotten to all the neat animals yet! We followed the simple map and enjoyed area, after area, of amazing aquarium creatures and land animals - most were out the day we were there. Plus there were many enthusiastic staff members on hand to answer questions. And the last thing we noticed were, not only all the accessable handicap/stroller ramps for visitors, but the terrific placement of bathrooms throughout the park....and they were absolutely pristine! What this place lacks in size, they make up in pure joy for their guests. A fun day!

Visited September 2013
Leesville, Louisiana
36 attraction reviews
“Good zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited here out of pure curiosity and it turned out to be a pretty good trip. They had a vast assortment of animals, some of which I was very surprised they had. That's goes to show never judge a book by it cover.

Visited October 2012