“One of my Top 3 Fav's in Tacoma” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Tacoma, Washington
“One of my Top 3 Fav's in Tacoma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love Maxwell's! The staff is amazing, the chef is incredible, and the food stands alone. Great atmosphere, interesting cocktails, good happy hour, and the live music on Friday nights is always fun!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not a good start to my prom night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We called two weeks prior to our prom to reserve seats and were told there was enough room to hold all twelve of us together. Then, two days until prom, we were called to be told that in fact there wasn't enough room for all of us together and we had to get split up between two tables, back to back (not all in one row either, so we who sat on the inside couldn't even see half the people we came with) even though there was enough room in the main area to push tables together to seat us. We bought off a prom special menu, the food was pretty good and value was the same. When asking if we could push the tables together we were talked to as if we were stupid and they did not want to hear anything about trying to sit together. The waiters and waitresses as well as the seating attendant all were very reserved and looked unhappy to be working there. They were not friendly at all. In short, it left a sour taste in our mouths as we went to prom, a night that is supposed to be remembered as a fantastic experience. I would not recommend going to this restaurant in a large party as they made no attempt to work with our numbers and took over a week and a half to tell us they wouldn't be able to accommodate us all together.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Special place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very nice restaurant. This is my first time during the summer. I have to admit I love the lights and ambiance in the winter. With that said, it is very nice any time of the year. Nice to see the use of Tacoma beer and great cocktails. The food and service were excellent. Would recommend a visit in a neighborhood that is definitely getting more stylish. We will return.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Yum.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Where to start. Off the dinner menu, love the Filet Mignon. Seared half chicken is also very good. The Halibut Wrapped in Prosciutto was a favorite with my friends, did not try it. Lounge or happy hour menu favorites are the grilled chicken and grilled tenderloin skewers. Off the cocktail menu, love the pear ginger lemon drop. Parking can be a challenge in the neighborhood. Awesome decor.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma, WA
“Delicious food and fine service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Party of 10, table ready when we arrived. Very nice atmosphere. My halibut wrapped in prosciutto was so good and the risotto was perfect creamy goodness. My husband's rib eye steak was perfect as well. Cousins duck dish was amazing too. I love how the side dishes here are given as much attention as the entree, the menu has been well thought out and everything flows. But what is up with the bread?I would have loved to have known bread comes with the meal...but you have to ask. Kinda weird. Our server was attentive, but not too friendly. My friend had a little black thing in his wine, we thought it wad a fruit fly...server picked up glass, examined it hard and declared it to be a bit of stem, so it was ok and gave it back. Server should have replaced, no question. I will be back.

• Visited March 2013