“Ok for normal check in times” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 South Hosmer Street, Tacoma, WA 98444 (Formerly Crossland - Tacoma / Hosmer)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“Ok for normal check in times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

After working late into the night, circumstances changed and was in need of a hotel for the night. Desk closes at 11Pm after a call to the hotel directly I was told they would not help me. Having stayed at that location prior and 3 other hotels in the chain in the previous 3 weeks. I felt like they didn't care for my business and because of that will not stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Sean - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that you were not able to check-in after 11pm. I am sorry for your experience. Please know, our staff is available throughout the evening hours to assist guests as needed. With that in mind, I have brought your comments to their attention and am reviewing our after hours check-in policy to ensure that this does not happen again. I can assure you, we care deeply about your business and are truly sorry that we did not accommodate your needs.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dmartin@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff. Truely dedicated to their guests. Will take care of you every way possible! will do whatever it takes to make your experience a great one. Everyone went out of their way to help and was honest when giving recommendations and advice.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for posting such a rave review. I'm thrilled that you were so happy with the service our staff provided. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We are visiting Crossland Tacoma at Hosmer regularly now to see our son at college. Value is great: The studio apt configuration is perfect for our needs. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is always clean and everything works. But we are starting to notice the very hard beds, the very small pillows, no shampoo, chronic undersupply of TP on arrival, and a weird one - no clothes hangers this time. Don't lose sight of the Big Picture.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent customer service at the front desk, friendly. Clean rooms, but slightly "outdated." Good water pressure, and hot water too (rare to find in hotels sometimes). Beds were hard, but later in the week I stayed at a different hotel and it was too soft LOL. No hair dryer or luggage rack--odd because this is usually common in hotels. I didn't think it was a bad neighborhood as previous posts suggest. It is easy to find, right off the highway. It was also not too far from shopping and stores. Very small tv (like mini size). Free wifi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad the location was convenient for you and the water pressure suited your needs. I do apologize that we do not provide a luggage rack in the rooms; however, we do have hairdryers that we can provide upon request at the front desk.

University Place, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Hotels and they were OK and pricey. Then I heard about this place from a friend. Crossland Economy Studios Tacoma. I didn't check what my friend suggested first because, he's my friend and he likes pulling my chain;and nor did I check it out online like most of the hotels I've stayed at. Instead I went to go visit it, since it is on my way back to home. My first impression. I said, "Nice, clean".( talk to the sweet front desk girl ) The price, sleep and I'm out". "I'll be back". "Ooooh yeah". So I booked myself a room, excited and hungry. Back from my short trip from the store. This is my Second impression of the place also very important. "Whoooa". My room. I was home, or in my room. Lost, shock, happy and joy joy. I was impress. A place like my own except it's much quieter and very clean. I think somebody broke into my place and clean it? The internet was great because I had free and fast access. I like how my room was nice and clean for the 2x time, oops I did it again. I'm not a dirty person, don't judge me J/K. Got the T.V., bed, check, check, and check. Perfect. They also had a nice small kitchen set up, I don't cook but, thank you! A mini fridge, sink, stove, micro wave and the whole 9 yard. Maybe 4.5 yard since its more compact size. Anyways, comfortable, I wish you guys had picture of the Great North West to look at in side my room and bag of popcorn. Great Stay!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor N side has got me to go ZZZzzzzz...lights out.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Langley City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here because it was near some places we wanted to go, such as Point Defiance Zoo, and it was cheap. We certainly didn't get more than we paid for, but it was good enough.

The place has a kitchenette, which most people won't use but we did. Gets the job done. The room was clean enough. No bugs, bed or otherwise. The TV was an old tube TV, but we didn't really watch it.

DON'T USE THE PHONE. They charge obscene amounts for local calls. We didn't know that. Oops.

There's an IHOP a few blocks north if you want breakfast. Get there before 9:30AM to avoid the rush. No grocery stores nearby. There's a crummy Walgreens a few blocks east.

Checking in/out was fast. Booking directly with promo code ESH10 saved us 10 bucks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairwell. We had trouble getting to sleep because of the noisy idiots...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I Have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and I returned this summer to visit family and friends for six nights.

The room was clean, the interner connection was excelent and the staff was fantastic. I had a few small issues (needed a couple of hangers and a few towels ) Morian was pleasant to deal with allways had a smile to great me. At times there were two or three people in the office that were waiting but she and the rest of the staff took care of us quickly.

Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel has a little less street noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!