“Always a good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 South Hosmer Street, Tacoma, WA 98444 (Formerly Crossland - Tacoma / Hosmer)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
“Always a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family has used this hotel several times this year and has always had a very good stay. It has a small kitchenette, plenty of room, and accepts dogs. The staff has been outstanding always assisting in a timely manner with a smile. The hotal is close to JBLM and Tacoma Mall, planty of places to eat. Easy on anf off the I-5 hwy and prices are good. I would recommend for any stay in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how well the staff takes care of our guests, especially those from JBLM. It's great to hear that you find our location, which is close to local business' and the in room kitchen are a great value for you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon on your next vist to Tacoma.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tacoronte, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I lived here for a few months. We really loved it! All the staff made us feel like family especially Latrice Desiray queen and Alexis.the staff did a good.job responding to our needs and request. They also do a good job keeping the property clean especially with all the pets around. Thanks guys

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that all of the staff that you encountered made a positive impact on your stay. I will certainly be sure to share your comments with each one of them. We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel and I am glad to hear that you noticed it was well maintained. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My stay extended beyond three months.The attitude of the staff epitomizes 'service with a smile'. They are extremely helpful, curteous, considerate, and respectful. The amenities and convenient locations make the Crossland an unparalelled value.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors for more security.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the nice comments about our staff. I'm so pleased to hear that our smiling staff made your stay so enjoyable. We pride ourselves on making every guest feel like they are at a "home away from home" and it sounds like that is exactly how you felt. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Uncomfortable beds small road could have got a better deal across the street wont stay here again deffinantly not Worth the money when the place across the street is half the price: ......................................................................................

• Stayed November 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us here at the Crosslands Tacoma Hosmer. I am sorry to hear that you felt our beds were too hard for your liking. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel or even one of our other nearby locations the next time you're in town. Please don't hesitate to call on me to book your next stay at any of our Extended Stay Hotel locations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Very great staff and very helpful. Billing was very easy and reasonable with an emailed copy so I could turn in for reimbursement. Very close to our office, food and interstate.
:......................................:....................................:.......................................................:...............................................:.........................

• Stayed October 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that all of our staff were able to exceed your expectations and make such an impact. Our proximity to the freeway and local restaurants makes us one of the greatest values in the area. Making every aspect of your stay easy is just one of the many things we do for our guests; like providing accurate billing, and emailing receipts to help save our environment. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have been here for over three weeks in a supposedly "Smoke Free" Room. Got here and it smelled of stale cigarettes couldn't find the problem until I opened the kitchen cupboard door and found a half smoked cigarette lying on the shelf. Believe me I complained about that, but found nothing else wrong at the time. Although since then have had smoke coming in the ventilation system in the bathroom. Have made many, many complaints, even talked too a manager and nothing has been done. The last straw came last evening when we got back too our room and it smelled of MARIJUANA. I went right down too the office and remained there too ensure something was being done. While they offered us other rooms (one on the end like we wanted), but smelled worse than the current one. Happened again tonight, called office, nothing is being done. So I called corporate complaint center. Maybe now there will be a remedy.

Room Tip: If you want a place in a smoke free environment or with an office staff or manager that care about l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, September 17, 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that smoke doesn't interfere with a guest's stay while in their room. In the event that you are disturbed by smoke while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Fort Lewis, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked a pet room for 4 days and it was clean. Our issues started with the check in and they billed a card on file instead of the one that I was going to use. In the process, she deleted the charge but it took almost 4 days to clear off my bank account. I sat for almost 2 hrs on Saturday and we finally agreed to wait until Monday to work on it. Letisha (sp) was quite polite about the situation and offered to only charge me 1/2 of the pet fee and I extended to a full week.

Monday, I checked into the office and we were still fine since it was pending. On Tuesday, I checked back into the office and was told that I needed to handle the error on my side with my bank. I called them again and the bank told me that it was Crossland's place to call for the authorization that they could not do it. So I went back to the office to let them know and was told ok, they would work on it.

On Wednesday, I received a call around 3pm from the Crossland's manager saying that I needed to come in and take care of this issue. I told her I was house hunting and would be back by 6 pm to pay again for the room. I called my bank to have them cancel the charges, restore my money, and when I arrived at 4 pm, I was locked out of my room until I went to the office and paid. I was a bit upset and the girl at the front desk apologized for her manager. I was credited my whole pet fee for the inconvenience.

The room was fine except for the beds. We bought foam mattresses because they were super hard and we weren't the only ones complaining. Our neighbors went the next day and bought some for their beds, too. The TV channels were ok if you liked sports, news, or religious channels, nothing for kids really. The kitchenette was old but usable. The one bright spot was the laundry facility although 4.00 per load was a bit much for small washers.

The area is sketchy but definitely pet friendly. I just wished more people would pick up after their pets but then again, most hotels offer bags, etc but this one does not. If you are looking for a cheap daily rate that accepts pets, this is the motel for you. We checked out a few days early and were not charged, thankfully.

Room Tip: Do not arrive early because housekeeping was not ready and we even waited for about 45 mins past che...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, August 31, 2012

I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!