“If u like sleeping on concret” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 South Hosmer Street, Tacoma, WA 98444 (Formerly Crossland - Tacoma / Hosmer)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
“If u like sleeping on concret”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Uncomfortable beds small road could have got a better deal across the street wont stay here again deffinantly not Worth the money when the place across the street is half the price: ......................................................................................

• Stayed November 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us here at the Crosslands Tacoma Hosmer. I am sorry to hear that you felt our beds were too hard for your liking. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel or even one of our other nearby locations the next time you're in town. Please don't hesitate to call on me to book your next stay at any of our Extended Stay Hotel locations.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Very great staff and very helpful. Billing was very easy and reasonable with an emailed copy so I could turn in for reimbursement. Very close to our office, food and interstate.
:......................................:....................................:.......................................................:...............................................:.........................

• Stayed October 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that all of our staff were able to exceed your expectations and make such an impact. Our proximity to the freeway and local restaurants makes us one of the greatest values in the area. Making every aspect of your stay easy is just one of the many things we do for our guests; like providing accurate billing, and emailing receipts to help save our environment. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have been here for over three weeks in a supposedly "Smoke Free" Room. Got here and it smelled of stale cigarettes couldn't find the problem until I opened the kitchen cupboard door and found a half smoked cigarette lying on the shelf. Believe me I complained about that, but found nothing else wrong at the time. Although since then have had smoke coming in the ventilation system in the bathroom. Have made many, many complaints, even talked too a manager and nothing has been done. The last straw came last evening when we got back too our room and it smelled of MARIJUANA. I went right down too the office and remained there too ensure something was being done. While they offered us other rooms (one on the end like we wanted), but smelled worse than the current one. Happened again tonight, called office, nothing is being done. So I called corporate complaint center. Maybe now there will be a remedy.

Room Tip: If you want a place in a smoke free environment or with an office staff or manager that care about l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, September 17, 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that smoke doesn't interfere with a guest's stay while in their room. In the event that you are disturbed by smoke while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Fort Lewis, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked a pet room for 4 days and it was clean. Our issues started with the check in and they billed a card on file instead of the one that I was going to use. In the process, she deleted the charge but it took almost 4 days to clear off my bank account. I sat for almost 2 hrs on Saturday and we finally agreed to wait until Monday to work on it. Letisha (sp) was quite polite about the situation and offered to only charge me 1/2 of the pet fee and I extended to a full week.

Monday, I checked into the office and we were still fine since it was pending. On Tuesday, I checked back into the office and was told that I needed to handle the error on my side with my bank. I called them again and the bank told me that it was Crossland's place to call for the authorization that they could not do it. So I went back to the office to let them know and was told ok, they would work on it.

On Wednesday, I received a call around 3pm from the Crossland's manager saying that I needed to come in and take care of this issue. I told her I was house hunting and would be back by 6 pm to pay again for the room. I called my bank to have them cancel the charges, restore my money, and when I arrived at 4 pm, I was locked out of my room until I went to the office and paid. I was a bit upset and the girl at the front desk apologized for her manager. I was credited my whole pet fee for the inconvenience.

The room was fine except for the beds. We bought foam mattresses because they were super hard and we weren't the only ones complaining. Our neighbors went the next day and bought some for their beds, too. The TV channels were ok if you liked sports, news, or religious channels, nothing for kids really. The kitchenette was old but usable. The one bright spot was the laundry facility although 4.00 per load was a bit much for small washers.

The area is sketchy but definitely pet friendly. I just wished more people would pick up after their pets but then again, most hotels offer bags, etc but this one does not. If you are looking for a cheap daily rate that accepts pets, this is the motel for you. We checked out a few days early and were not charged, thankfully.

Room Tip: Do not arrive early because housekeeping was not ready and we even waited for about 45 mins past che...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, August 31, 2012

I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The bed is like sleeping on a carpet covered floor - except that it is made of some sort of plastic material that squeeks loudly every time you move to vainly try to find a less uncomfortable position.

Apart from that, the room is adequate, although maintenance is bring skipped - there was a large stain on my carpet, and a hole in the drywall. They have now added 'free' wifi, although it's very poor quality - probably because it keeps prompting you to pay for an 'upgraded' connection.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel.  Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty.  Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition.The maintenance issues you mentioned are completely unacceptable and I will make sure they get taken care of. As well, my apologies for what you found to be uncomfortable bedding. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity and our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have stayed at this Crossland numerous times in the last 2 years. The staff is always courteous, friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly big for the price the kitchenette helps the budget traveler and the free wifi works great. I have seriously considered making one of the suites my permanent home as I am a travel nurse and the reviewer who said you would be better off sleeping in your car apparently has never had to and I have never seen or experienced any of the stated problems in this individual's review.

Room Tip: I found staying on the back side of the motel there were more families and military and noise which...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tacoma - Hosmer. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Tacoma WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

The manager and staff are very helpful and courteous. I would have to say that the housekeeper, Aline is fabulous as well as the manager. I would recommend staying here if you need a clean, safe, and comfortable room on a budget.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Tacoma - Hosmer. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. I will be certain to thank the management staff and especially Aline for taking such great care of you.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!