“Uncomfortably Filthy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 South Hosmer Street, Tacoma, WA 98444 (Formerly Crossland - Tacoma / Hosmer)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Seattle, Washington
“Uncomfortably Filthy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

The customer service is okay. I had a reservation for a room on one occasion and the female desk clerk tells me " you would'nt want the room cause it stinks at the moment" I've dealt with most of the clerks here, some nice, some not so much....None will go out of their way.

If you don't mind filth this place is a deal. This place is very unsanitary. The management should oversee the maids work. A few times Ive checked in to find leftover food in refrigerator and clothes in drawers-freaked me out! Tables, walls and everything else unsanitized with dirty prints. Top Blankets are not washed most of the time as well as shower curtain (smelling like #1 ) Floors with dubris of last person. Beds are hard as a rock. This place needs some updating and upgrading, its 2011 for crying out loud!

The location is Ideal (depending on what you are here for) its in the middle of Tacoma (between military Bases & Tacoma Mall) Surroundings may seem like a bad neighborhood but nothing to worry about. Due to it being by the bases there is a mix of different people that may look sketchy or not but safety isn't a real factor- there is tons of law enforcement around.

There isn't any amenties as far as gym, onsite Restaraunt, ect, ect., not even a clock radio with Am/Fm. However,the room has a kitchenette with utensils, also there are restaraunts and convinience stores within walking distance.

This hotel is a reasonable rate, just bring some Clorox wipes and an egg carton mattress topper!

Room Tip: Be AAA or Military
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010 via mobile

My family and I checked in for a couple of days, well to say the least we slept the whole time with an eye open. We were told that people frequently broke into the cars around this area. After the first nigth our backs hurt so much we were relieved that we could get away from that bed. We have a two year old that instead of having him jumping up and down on the concrete bed we turn on the tv to a cartoon channel, but after watching it for five minutes the channel was blocked! We called the front desk to help us, they said that they were going to call the cable company but nothing happend. And every time we wanted to watch a channel, it would be blocked for no reason. Don't stay here if u have back problems, or for an extended stay (irony). The room was decent, the kitchennet was the main reason we picked this hotel, but it won't happen again...

• Stayed April 2011
Salem, Or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

The room was clean and pleasant, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, plenty of extras in towels, blankets and etc; well located close to I-5; parking quite secure; little kitchenette very convienient. Quite a good deal given the low price.

The only issue - and jeeze I hate to sound like the "Princess and the Pea" here - was the beds were very, very hard. Beyond firm, I could bounce a tennis ball off them. I've heard it suggested one could bring one's own bedding and sleep on the coverlets, which I suppose might bring some relief. Unfortunately, I was not able to sleep well, which was very key in this stay. I did not perform well in my work that weekend because of this issue.

However, I did receive a kind email from the manager letting me know they are looking into replacing the beds. So if hard beds are an issue, I would recommend calling the hotel to see if they've replaced the mattresses.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Great place if you are looking for a budget price with kitchenette included. The premises is clean and there is a security guard from closing time to 7 am the next day. I stayed for 10 days and I was only given one day of housekeeping service. Dirty towels are changed upon request. I found the front desk check - in attendant to be at times rude. Management should probe into their customer service department so that happy clients can return again. It is useless to have an affordable place to stay when the guest or customer service is no up to par.

• Liked — good price with a kitchenette and security guard service
  • Disliked — unpleasant front desk employees
Stayed February 2008
Extendedstayhotels, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, January 9, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Economy Studios in Tacoma-Hosmer, WA. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, which is why I was disheartened to read about your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you weren’t completely satisfied with your stay. You are a valued customer and it would give us great pleasure to again have you as our guest in the future. I also encourage you to reach out to new General Manager at 253-538-9448 at any time with further comments or questions.
Paintsville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

We found this hotel on hotwire for 40 dollars a night and was happy to save so much money. Well as my Granny always said, "you get what you pay for" The room was so small and basic. We booked for 2 people (adults) and was given a bed that a two year old would be too big for! It was this tiny bed that felt like concrete! We booked for 8 nights and my neck was sore the whole time because of the horrible bed. The kitchen was small and we were only provided with 1 coffee cup...thats it no other glasses or cups.
Don't expect good company either, people actually live in this hotel and they didn't look very nice. I was approached by a very scary looking homeless man. They have a security guard patrolling 24/7, that is how scary the neighborhood must be. Dog doo was all over the grass, I actually stepped in some before work and I was MAD!
The only good quality was the laundry room which had 4 washers and eight dryers. It costs 1.00 per load to wash and another 1.00 to dry. It stayed open 24 hours so I was able to do all my laundry. It was also good to have a small fridge, stovetop, and microwave so I could cook.
The bed was the most horrible and uncomfortable bed ever! Being cheap is so not worth staying here...pay a little more and be comfortable somewhere else. Oh and they charge a fee for internet!

• Liked — Being able to cook, 24 hr laundry
  • Disliked — The horrible small hard bed, small and cheap looking room, bad and rough looking neighborhood/neighbors
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

The room was small for any kind of motel. The bathroom was nice but also again small.

The overall experience wasn't that bad. Bed wasn't the greatest but it's something that you expect when you pay 50 bucks a night.

The one problem that I have with the place is that there is no housekeeping unless you specifically request it. They do not change your sheets or give you fresh towels. They do however have a convenient microwave and small fridge in each room.

I'd stay in this place again if I wanted to save money (about 10 to 15 bucks a night).

• Stayed March 2006
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2006

Booked this place for 2 nights through Priceline. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable that I checked out after 1 night and just forfeighted the 2nd nights fee. It really was that bad!

The room is very small but was clean, although the 1st room they tried giving me smelled like an ash tray. The 2nd room I tried (the one I stayed in for 1 night) was just recently painted. So, I chose to live with the smell of fresh paint over the smell of an ash tray.

I am just so glad I left after 1 night and won't have to sleep in that terribly hard bed again! I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!