“Clean, good location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 S. 48th St, Tacoma, WA 98409   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Clean, good location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for a brief overnight on our way to Mt Rainier after the ballet. The staff was helpful and the room clean and comfortable. It was in a great location across from a mall but wasn't noisy. Our room was quiet and I didn't hear a lot of outside noise.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your evening after the ballet continued with a clean and quiet room to complete your evening. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back toward Mt. Rainier.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

From the moment I walked in the door I was pleasantly greeted by Roel at the front desk who was happy to check me in. I was grateful that he processed it quickly as I got in after 10 at night. He pointed out how the cooking amenities work (he delivers them if I request them), breakfast in the morning, and that housekeeping service only comes once a week (if staying more than a week).

When I got to my room, it was clean, free of odors and stains, and pleasant. I had read that they recently rennovated and this could be the reason. I stayed for two nights and so I can't comment on how housekeeping is. I did do laundry and they have 4 washers and 6 dryers to my recollection. Detergent and dryer sheets are available for purchase from the front desk.

Breakfast was perfect for grabbing something on the way out the door. Coffee, Nature Valley bars, fruit (I think?), and oatmeal. The parking lot is brightly lit at night and I never feared for my safety or the car. The hotel is located right across Tacoma Mall and adjacent to a Best Buy so dining or electronic needs are easily remedied. Getting on and off the freeway is easy and the ramps are nearby but I never heard any road noise from my room the entire stay.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay and I would do it again the next time I stay in Tacoma. Service rating indicates the quality of service I received, not the amenities in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, April 14, 2015
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about our staff and hotel. We are delighted that we were able to provide you with the clean and restful stay that you deserve. Thank you again for your kind words and detailed review. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Clean and comfortable room. Excellent service from Kelly at reception, who was friendly and helpful with everything. Close to the freeway and Tacoma. We had a very enjoyable stay. I recommend the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Before booking, I read a review that said it can be noisy on the side of the hotel closest to the fr...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Thank you for posting such a lovely review. We are so pleased to know you were provided with a clean and comfortable room while you were our guests and the location was convenient for your needs.

The team and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

We had a great experience at this location. Check in was very easy and the general manager,Kelly Smith, was wonderful and extremely helpful. We had our dogs with us and were offered a treat bag, waste bags and a magnet stating "pet inside" in case there were any emergencies, and to inform the cleaning people also. The room was very comfortable and clean. Very much enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Michelle - Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. I am so glad to read that you were pleased with the doggie treat bags as we like to be sure ALL family members feel welcome. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

Decent location; was comped to this location from the Fife location due to flooding. The front desk staff and service was excellent and as expected. The only issue with this location is the signage to enter the driveway is small and difficult to see at night. I missed the turn once southbound and once westbound trying to get in. Perhaps place a larger illuminated sign at the entrance.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, January 30, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are happy to know that our staff provided you with excellent service during your stay. It is also great to read that you enjoyed our location; however, I am sorry that we were difficult for you to locate at night. I will share your feedback with our upper management team so that we can look into resolving this issue. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Auburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

I really look forward to staying at the Extended Stay America. My experiences have always been pleasant, from the greetings, the quick and easy check in process. You just feel welcomed, which is great, especially for you tired travelers out there. The kitchenettes are a welcomed amenity and option for those that want to make their own meals and the kick back and relax on a comfy bed for the duration of your trip.

Room Tip: Always go for non smoking....
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a refreshing review. It's great to hear that the staff provided you with a warm welcome and you enjoyed another comfortable stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Santa visited Tacoma for months of Nov & Dec, he stayed at hotel with excellent staff, clean rooms, and a wonderful manager named Kelly Smith. Kelly managed to greet almost every customer by name and had a bubbly personality that made everyone including Santa happy to see her there, which seemed like 24 hours a day. I plan on telling my elves, when passing through Tacoma, to stop and stay. Santa visited kids for pictures 11 hours a day and the home town feeling he received at this hotel was wonderful. See you again Kelly and staff. Ho Ho Ho.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Thank you for posting such a delightful review of our property. It is so great to read that our accommodations met Santa's needs after a long work-day. It is so great to read that we were able to provide you with such great service. Once more, the staff and I would like to thank you for posting a very lovely review. We'll look forward to having you (and your elves) visit with us again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South? Share your experiences!