“Positive experience at Tacoma South” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 S. 48th St, Tacoma, WA 98409   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Rochester, Michigan
“Positive experience at Tacoma South”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Clean and comfortable room. Excellent service from Kelly at reception, who was friendly and helpful with everything. Close to the freeway and Tacoma. We had a very enjoyable stay. I recommend the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Before booking, I read a review that said it can be noisy on the side of the hotel closest to the fr...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great experience at this location. Check in was very easy and the general manager,Kelly Smith, was wonderful and extremely helpful. We had our dogs with us and were offered a treat bag, waste bags and a magnet stating "pet inside" in case there were any emergencies, and to inform the cleaning people also. The room was very comfortable and clean. Very much enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Michelle - Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. I am so glad to read that you were pleased with the doggie treat bags as we like to be sure ALL family members feel welcome. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Decent location; was comped to this location from the Fife location due to flooding. The front desk staff and service was excellent and as expected. The only issue with this location is the signage to enter the driveway is small and difficult to see at night. I missed the turn once southbound and once westbound trying to get in. Perhaps place a larger illuminated sign at the entrance.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are happy to know that our staff provided you with excellent service during your stay. It is also great to read that you enjoyed our location; however, I am sorry that we were difficult for you to locate at night. I will share your feedback with our upper management team so that we can look into resolving this issue. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Auburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

I really look forward to staying at the Extended Stay America. My experiences have always been pleasant, from the greetings, the quick and easy check in process. You just feel welcomed, which is great, especially for you tired travelers out there. The kitchenettes are a welcomed amenity and option for those that want to make their own meals and the kick back and relax on a comfy bed for the duration of your trip.

Room Tip: Always go for non smoking....
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a refreshing review. It's great to hear that the staff provided you with a warm welcome and you enjoyed another comfortable stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Santa visited Tacoma for months of Nov & Dec, he stayed at hotel with excellent staff, clean rooms, and a wonderful manager named Kelly Smith. Kelly managed to greet almost every customer by name and had a bubbly personality that made everyone including Santa happy to see her there, which seemed like 24 hours a day. I plan on telling my elves, when passing through Tacoma, to stop and stay. Santa visited kids for pictures 11 hours a day and the home town feeling he received at this hotel was wonderful. See you again Kelly and staff. Ho Ho Ho.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Thank you for posting such a delightful review of our property. It is so great to read that our accommodations met Santa's needs after a long work-day. It is so great to read that we were able to provide you with such great service. Once more, the staff and I would like to thank you for posting a very lovely review. We'll look forward to having you (and your elves) visit with us again in the future.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

My family lives in Gig Harbor, but I come across the bridge to stay at ESA Tacoma South when I visit because I like this hotel better than the two options in Gig Harbor. This hotel is clean, quiet, with a full kitchen and very comfortable! This last visit I wasn't able to check in until 11:30 PM, but the service representative that night, Brooke, was still chipper and so polite! She was super courteous and got me checked in quickly and without a hassle.

The hotel doesn't advertise it has breakfast, but it does have a "grab and go" breakfast! Excellent coffee (both kinds) yummy flavored creamers, instant oatmeal, three kinds of muffins, granola bars and fresh fruit. I also met Santa when I was getting my coffee! He was sharing his picture with the general manager Kelly when I got my breakfast. I really must mention that Kelly starts everyone's morning off right and makes everyone feel so much at home! I heard her greet at least 5 guests in the lobby (including myself!) BY NAME when I was there! So I hope I haven't blown Santa's cover by telling where he lives when he works at the mall... but hey! If Santa could choose anywhere in the world to stay, and he stays here, doesn't that tell you something about this hotel?!! Actually it is more like a home away from home than a hotel...

One other point is that there is a well lit parking lot. I have a fairly nice luxury sport car and I am never concerned about parking it here. I will continue to chose this hotel over the two overpriced Gig Harbor hotels that don't have a kitchen to cook in. It only takes me 10 minutes to get to Gig Harbor.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet- I've stayed on both sides. Room across from the elevator may no...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
The team and I would like to thank you for writing such a charming review about your stay. We are so pleased to know you and Santa became good friends while enjoying our Grab and Go breakfast bar and that you have found a "home away from home" while visiting your family. I would like to thank you again for your kind comments about our staff and for posting such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

We had to book a last-minute trip to Tacoma due to a family funeral, and most of the hotels were already booked. The ones that weren't were way overpriced, so we decided to stay at the ESA based on the price and the favorable reviews. Still, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, having never stayed at one before, but we weren't disappointed!

The rooms are nicely-sized, and upon check-in you let them know what kitchen items you'll be needing. I wish they would supply little bottles of dish soap and sponges to make washing dishes easier, but I understand why they don't. I was a bit worried that there would be noise due to being so close to I-5 and the mall, but that wasn't an issue at all. The only issue we experienced (and it was very minor) was that we kept getting notices under our door that they were receiving complaints that guests were noticing a marijuana smell. It definitely wasn't us, but I'm assuming/hoping that all of the guests received this notice? Anyway, all in all, a satisfying stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay during a difficult time; however, please accept our apologies that you'd received more than one notice about smoking inside the building. This was a communication error on our part and we'd sent them out to every guest, twice, by mistake. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future. We'd love to host you again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South? Share your experiences!