“Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I booked this hotel last minute after not liking my experience in another hotel. The staff are amazing and super friendly they make sure you are comfortable and taken care of. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The area is safe and close to the mall. I will definitely stay here again whenever I come back to Tacoma

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, yesterday
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about our hotel. We are so pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room, and that you received such excellent service from our staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came to see our daughter and sight see Seattle and the Mountains/Waterfalls. This was a great place for us to stay, it was centrally located for us. Our room was clean and comfortable. Instead of calling for room service all I had to do was go to the front desk. I would suggest that the Grab and Go breakfast be extended to dry cereals and milk and coffee be available all day. We enjoyed our stay there. After all when I go on vacation to see the sites all we need is a good roof over our heads especially at a great price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to know that our location met your needs, and that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room during your stay. We appreciate your feedback on our grab-and-go breakfast. Please know that your comments will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Thank you again for your kind review. We would love to host you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had checked into this hotel after a HORRIBLE experience at the Red Lion down the road. We were extremely pleased with the cleanliness, the front desk staff was incredibly sweet and took care of any need we had, the rooms (which were recently remodeled) were great. Amy was just incredible!!! She was so pleasant, welcoming, etc. She even called us down to give us and our children goodie bags after hearing about our terror down the street. It was such a kind gesture! Overall this is a great hotel for the money!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Trout Lake, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our hotel of choice for an annual conference at University of Puget Sound which is about a 12 minute drive via local streets to avoid busy I-5 Freeway. (staff can give you directions). It appeared to be recently remodeled and our room had a fresh, up-to-date appearance and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. A change of service note: There was a stand-up card at check-in telling about this but the man checking me in did not point it out--you have to request the utensils and dishes you need for your stay and they are issued in a kit. This gives you the feeling that they are newly cleaned and is an improvement. There were several guests coming to and calling the front desk regarding inability to connect to the internet due to a new server. I think it all got solved as new passwords had to be issued. There seemed to be minimal staff on duty but they were helpful and courteous. We had a good stay and will reserve the same location for the conference next year.

Room Tip: Tacoma mall is across the street. Several restaurants and 7-11 within walking distance. East rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable room. Still, please accept our apologies that the internet was not working properly, though I am pleased to read that my staff was able to resolve the issue. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

1st off I must say that they lady who checked us in at night (Jessica) was very friendly and helpful. Too bad I had to deal with Yolanda there next morning, she must be new but I can't even say that's an excuse because I think she just lacks common sense and I am pretty easy going. We stayed here a total of 1 week and our toilet was backed up after they 1st night here and stayed that way for about 3 or 4 days. We requested a new room but apparently that was asking too much because we were instead given a bad attitude and a dial tone by then manager, Jessica... Not there lady who checked us in. I had about 3 encounters with Jessica and I guess I can see why Yolanda is still there because if they manager hangs up on guests then I guess they rest of their staff will believe that's they standard of customer service this place offers. We finally were able to switch rooms but when my husband went to relax in their recliner he was met with a freaking hypodermic needle. We are still waiting to hear back from their corporate office about this because I was surely not going to expect Jessica to care. We were offered a 25% discount for a night because of the toilet issues. I am just reliving a nightmare so I will end this review here... I am sure I have offered enough details for anyone to make an informed decision.

• Stayed July 2014
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This location has very poor customer service, Most days when I arrived or was leaving there was no staff at the desk. Sign said "workers in the back room" Door is always closed this is a sign of staff that are not interested in serving the guest.

Also staff hung up on my wife when she called to get a copy of the bill very rude and not knowledgeable staff. Corporate office had to retrieve this for us... Again very POOR Customer service Property.....

Last: Staff checked me into a Room that had not been cleaned yet... Wow what a bad image...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Never will stay at the Tacoma or Fife hotel again. Website i booked our stay at showed this hotel had late check out and free local calls. Front desk harrassed us to leave at exactly check out time even though i spoke with front desk hours earlier about possibly staying another night. Since they gave us 5 mins to leave we hurried our bags to the car. I ran back to get two bags still in room. Front desk already had them and harrased me about a ,$1.10 phone charge. This was the first i heard of it, so i told her to shove it. Website said free local calls and late check out, they did not honor either one. Than called the nearby Extended Stay and they wouldnt check us in because of the phone charge. I asked to pay the 1.10 with credit card and the manager said NO i had to go back to other hotel. Website said early check in, but i was told check in was not until 3pm. I decided to ask for refund,

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South? Share your experiences!