“Would suggest for other military familys with pets.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
“Would suggest for other military familys with pets.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place for military familys with pets!! Very nice people ask for April mgr or Roel can help you set up what you need. Clean rooms and sufficient parking. Also around good restaurants and the mall across the street.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Extended Stay America - Tacoma South. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Roel made a lasting impression on you! We are fortunate to be located close to the mall and local restaurants as you experienced. We hope to see you again soon!

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canyon Country, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were in Tacoma from Friday thru Sunday. The hotel was very reasonably priced, with spacious rooms and convenient to the various places we had to go. Mariah was very helpful with directions and new pillows. I would recommend Extended Stay America highly.

Room Tip: I like that all the rooms are non-smoling
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that Mariah made such a lasting impression on you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Lakewood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed here on two occasions recently and was very happy with my experience overall. I was very impressed with the customer service which was friendly and efficient. I was particularly impressed with the night clerk Roel who went out of his way to insure I was happy with my room.

The room and public areas are clean and well maintained, the bed was comfortable and I slept we'll both times I stayed there.

The location is great if you don't have a car as there is a transit center within easy walking distance and the Tacoma mall is just across the street with plenty of dining choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. One of our benefits is being conveniently located by the mall and transit center as you experienced. I'm so pleased to hear that Roel made a lasting impression on you during your stay. I will be certain to thank him personally. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We need a clean, simple, no-frills, budget friendly place to stay when we visit our daughter at college and the Extended Stay Tacoma South fits the bill. I have stayed at several cheap hotels in the area and they tend to be dirty and outdated. The Extended Stay is modern, clean and nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that to hear that our Extended Stay America Tacoma South met your needs while you were visiting your daughter. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.
University Place, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our family was displaced due to renovations and we even had to extend our stay here, the staff was helpful and accommodating. Overall I would recommend the Extended Stay South Tacoma as an affordable family friendly spot that is well worth the price. The Extended Stay South Tacoma provided an overall Very Good experience. The staff were all very Friendly and accommodating. We did have a few issues during the stay (3wks) that were ALL resolved quickly and efficiently. The laundry facilities there were clean and averaged what it would cost at the local laundromat. There were a lot of brochures and maps showing all kinds of attractions in both Tacoma and Seattle in the laundry/vending area. Geographically it is close to the interstate, shopping, and transit areas (both the train & bus). I felt safe while on the property and saw that the hotel has devices for audio video surveillance so I felt that it was safe for my car outside as well. The rooms were comfortable and offered what would be expected at an extended stay location. The bathroom and kitchenette was clean and well stocked with the items offered.

Room Tip: If you prefer an end room or some other accommodation outside of the standard let the staff know the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and that you've found the staff very responsive and accomodating. I'll be ceratin to pass on your comments to all our staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South? Share your experiences!