“Comfortable BUT be prepared to have your credit card on file charged every few days...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Tacoma

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Transitioning out of the Navy, my family and I didn't want to stay with my parents so we wanted a temporary place of our own. I choose the Holiday Inn for the location, description and amenities. We stayed for almost 20 days, enjoyed the breakfast everyday, and the WARM "out of the oven" peanut butter cookies they sometimes had in the lobby. One issue I and a few other guests had was the authorizing of our listed credit cards for payment of our rooms. Every few days an amount would be deducted from our credit cards then put back which at times left me LOW on funds and others just checked out to avoid the headache. No other hotel I've ever stayed at did that, they didn't run the card for any sort of payment until checkout. Second issue, PEOPLE WALKING AROUND LIKE PAUL BUNYAN ABOVE US ON THE 4TH FLOOR! Called front desk twice, whoever was above us kept doing it but I was able to rest and relax so oh well :)... In retrospect, if you want a clean room, SOFT bed, HOT breakfast, good location and a WONDERFUL staff to meet all your needs, COME ON IN, They're waiting for you!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

• Stayed June 2012
Surrey B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stopped here for a night on our way down to the Oregon Coast. I found this Hotel to be very Quiet and our room overlooked some type of Pond ( natural area ) , I could here ducks and frogs all night ( I liked it ) . The room was clean but outdated ( felt like 1991 ), and I thought the breakfast bar was one of the better ones, as I have stayed at HIx a few times now.
Like one of the previous reviewers I would highly recommend staying at the Lacey location just 15-20 mins. down the highway. I also feel the staff at the Tacoma location ( especially the night front desk clerk ) could be more helpful.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pond
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Groveland, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

As a frequent visitor to HIX properties, I can vouch for this particular property's quality. Location was convenient for accessing major roads, but terrible views. Our king room was clean, but on the rather small side. No convenient place for opening 2 suitcases at the same time. Breakfast was standard fare with plenty of hot items to choose from. Evening cookies were minimal in quality and quantity. OK place for business or short stay - not enjoyable for vacationing.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This property offers all of the usual perks of the brand including the Stay Smart shower, above average included hot breakfast, and the always excellent HIX sleeper set. The rooms were extra large but a little sparsely furnished. Additionally the hotel is in a convenient location for shopping and easy highway access for trips into DT Tacoma or Seattle. There are also a number of chain restaurant dining choices in the immediate area. Famous Dave's may be a chain but for us Canadians it is a bit of a treat. Throw in a small but reasonably equipped fitness center, a pool and a hot tub and this hotel meets and/or surpasses all that its brand promises. We would not hesitate to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was a good hotel for a few day stop over. The hot tub in the king room was ok, but not worth the extra money. The only negative thing was the Hot tub in the main area was a little dirty for my liking, but I am OCD about that stuff. Great service and friendly staff

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was put in a room next to the elevator even though I requested furthest away from it when I made my reservation. All the pipes for everyone's shower run through the wall of that room!! I had to turn on a noise machine app on my phone to try and drown it out. Requested a different room but they weren't able to move me. The breakfast was good and front desk was efficient but the room was not restful. If you stay here, I recommend getting a guarantee not to have a room by the elevator or the room right next to the first floor lobby - saw another unhappy guest get that one.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tacoma? Share your experiences!