“On businees but fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
A TripAdvisor Member
“On businees but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is the standard nice hotel. Nothing extrordinary however, the staff made the stay better. We had a few minor glitches but the staff fixed them readily and were not only polite but nice.
Crew made the stay good. I got sick w/ a bad cold and they allowed a late check out which made it so much easier on us. We will stay here again. Business or Pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Madras, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My first impression was not a good one. Upon entering the hotel a cigarette receptacle was completely full of cigarette butts and stayed this way the 3 days we were there. We had a pet with us and while walking around the facility noticed that other cigarette receptacles were also full. Also cigarette butts on sidewalk/parking lot/lawn, etc. There was a left over piece of cake sitting on a lobby table that stayed there for 2 days. The parking lot looked as if it hadn’t been cleaned or picked up in a very long time. Hotel carpets – at least on the fifth floor looked dirty as the center of the hallway was discolored compared to the edges. I know - this is normal wear but this looked like more than normal wear. Our room was a good size and again didn’t feel clean. Items (microwave/refrig) hadn’t been wiped down. We moved a chair and there were coins under it so assume the room hadn’t had a good vacuuming. The room and location provided for a quite nights sleep which is nice these days. Overall this facility needs to improve its day-to-day maintenance and pay more attention to detail. Remember its the little things! We stay at LaQuinta quite often as we travel with a pet. This is the worst we have seen with regard to the feeling of cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stay here on Seahawk Football weekends, it is only a couple blocks away to Emerald Queen Casino for the viewing party. The rates have been very reasonable, and the service outstanding. I have, unfortunately, had issues with the heat in the rooms, the first time I was immediately moved to another room on the same floor. The second time, cold air was coming from around the base of the heater, and it seemed to be an issue of sealing around it. I was offered another room, but opted for a few extra blankets. They also discounted my room rate. The Brightside breakfast is fresh, good variety, and am always offered a tray to take it back to my room, which I do. I recommend this hotel highly, it is quiet, convenient, clean and has superb customer service at the front desk and maintenance. I have noticed that the online rates ( I called direct to the hotel & they were the same rate) have gone up $30 since my first stay last month, so I may need to switch hotels for the rest of the season. I sure hope not.

Room Tip: I asked for a lower floor on the quiet side to avoid I-5 traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was traveling on little notice to visit family and only found this hotel because of its proximity to Amtrak. I usually stay in different chain hotels and didn't know what to expect. This hotel was a gem, it was clean and the rooms were very reasonable. LOTS of space, clean and comfy bed to sleep on. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The food was quite good and I would recommend a stay here to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great place to stay - friendly staff, clean room, good food service. I also left behind an item of significant value. When I called the next day, they located my item, shipped it to me (I gladly paid for this, of course) and received my item in 2 days! They were friendly while we were there, but there helpfulness with my lost item was icing on the cake! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The lobby area is really nice. The room was clean but looked a little dated. Even though there were several pillows to choose from on the bed, none of them were comfortable. The free breakfast is in the restaurant and you have the option to choose the free breakfast or to order off of the menu. The waitresses did not push the menu option. My only real problem with the hotel was the location. It is very convenient to I-5 BUT it is in an industrial area of town. When I asked the front desk about what was within walking distance (other than the Tacoma Dome) they were adamant that I not walk anywhere in the area. I'm not sure if that was because it isn't safe or because they knew I had a toddler with me (in a stroller). I would not stay here again, as I like to take the little one on walks.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle? Share your experiences!