“Clean & Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
Everett, Washington
“Clean & Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stay here on Seahawk Football weekends, it is only a couple blocks away to Emerald Queen Casino for the viewing party. The rates have been very reasonable, and the service outstanding. I have, unfortunately, had issues with the heat in the rooms, the first time I was immediately moved to another room on the same floor. The second time, cold air was coming from around the base of the heater, and it seemed to be an issue of sealing around it. I was offered another room, but opted for a few extra blankets. They also discounted my room rate. The Brightside breakfast is fresh, good variety, and am always offered a tray to take it back to my room, which I do. I recommend this hotel highly, it is quiet, convenient, clean and has superb customer service at the front desk and maintenance. I have noticed that the online rates ( I called direct to the hotel & they were the same rate) have gone up $30 since my first stay last month, so I may need to switch hotels for the rest of the season. I sure hope not.

Room Tip: I asked for a lower floor on the quiet side to avoid I-5 traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was traveling on little notice to visit family and only found this hotel because of its proximity to Amtrak. I usually stay in different chain hotels and didn't know what to expect. This hotel was a gem, it was clean and the rooms were very reasonable. LOTS of space, clean and comfy bed to sleep on. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The food was quite good and I would recommend a stay here to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great place to stay - friendly staff, clean room, good food service. I also left behind an item of significant value. When I called the next day, they located my item, shipped it to me (I gladly paid for this, of course) and received my item in 2 days! They were friendly while we were there, but there helpfulness with my lost item was icing on the cake! Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The lobby area is really nice. The room was clean but looked a little dated. Even though there were several pillows to choose from on the bed, none of them were comfortable. The free breakfast is in the restaurant and you have the option to choose the free breakfast or to order off of the menu. The waitresses did not push the menu option. My only real problem with the hotel was the location. It is very convenient to I-5 BUT it is in an industrial area of town. When I asked the front desk about what was within walking distance (other than the Tacoma Dome) they were adamant that I not walk anywhere in the area. I'm not sure if that was because it isn't safe or because they knew I had a toddler with me (in a stroller). I would not stay here again, as I like to take the little one on walks.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wife and I decided to do some shopping and sightseeing in the greater Seattle area. This La Quinta was centrally located and within walking distance of Tacoma Dome, where we went to Holiday Faire. Very nice room, near I5, with very nice continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side away from freeway for quieter stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights visiting our daughter who attends UPS, and the room was ok. Overall the room was clean, but a bit dated. We got a room on the 10th floor on the freeway side of the building. We like fresh air, and when we had the window open it was really noisy, had to turn up the TV just to be able to hear it. If we stay here again, it will be in a room on the other side of the building only. We didn't try the breakfast buffet, but it looked like the typical free breakfast. I did have a problem with the billing, as they were trying to check us out a day early, and they were charging a higher rate? It seems that when we checked in they changed our reservation and somehow had us checking out a day early, but after I made copies of our confirmation email it was all corrected. That took over an hour with going down to the lobby, back to the room, back to the lobby, to the business center, etc..

This is a better than average La Quinta.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side, away from the freeway should be quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle? Share your experiences!