“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
Ashland, Oregon
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wife and I decided to do some shopping and sightseeing in the greater Seattle area. This La Quinta was centrally located and within walking distance of Tacoma Dome, where we went to Holiday Faire. Very nice room, near I5, with very nice continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side away from freeway for quieter stay.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights visiting our daughter who attends UPS, and the room was ok. Overall the room was clean, but a bit dated. We got a room on the 10th floor on the freeway side of the building. We like fresh air, and when we had the window open it was really noisy, had to turn up the TV just to be able to hear it. If we stay here again, it will be in a room on the other side of the building only. We didn't try the breakfast buffet, but it looked like the typical free breakfast. I did have a problem with the billing, as they were trying to check us out a day early, and they were charging a higher rate? It seems that when we checked in they changed our reservation and somehow had us checking out a day early, but after I made copies of our confirmation email it was all corrected. That took over an hour with going down to the lobby, back to the room, back to the lobby, to the business center, etc..

This is a better than average La Quinta.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side, away from the freeway should be quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and I'd have to say it wasn't too bad. I chose this hotel because they have smoking rooms and a breakfast buffet! The breakfast buffet isn't anything spectacular, but hey it's included in the rate which most hotels don't do. The price we paid for was I think a little high for this type of hotel. I was somewhat disappointed that I didn't receive the room type I had called in a week before to request. Although, that's what is expected of when booking through a third party website. I'd suggest booking directly through the hotel's website because I ended paying the same price on Hotwire! The front desk staff were very friendly as well as the restaurant breakfast attendants. The housekeeper was awesome! It was my birthday and I guess the housekeeper had noticed the balloons/gifts so she had left a note saying happy birthday. That was very nice of her! The only negative would be that we stayed at the hotel when there happened to be a lunatic staying there too and the whole Tacoma law enforcement took over the hotel. We couldn't go to our room because that lunatic was on the same floor that we were staying in. So, that sucked because I had a dinner party to go to and couldn't access the room to change clothes. Although, while we waited for the craziness to end, we were given a temporary room to stay in. The situation was out of the hotel's control so can't really blame it on them!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I travel weekly for work, and stay in La Quinta Inns often.

The Tacoma location is the best La Quinta I've visited. The on-site restaurant and lounge is a nice convenience, but the rooms, the staff, and the overall ambiance is second to none in the chain anywhere in the country for my money.

If you're visiting the Seattle area for business or pleasure, stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Gros Morne National Park, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

check in staff are very good, but we booked a excutive king room, smoking and got just a king room, no fridge or micro wave, no couch. The room is ok but no screens on the windows and it faces I-5 on the 7th floor which is very noisey from the freeway.If you dont have the room we booked why do you take the reservation ??? I'am a smoker but have never had the stench of cigar smoke so bad when we opened the door, next time a little freebrezze can go a long way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Loved my stay here. It was bright, clean, and everything was up to date. The staff was friendly, and the rate was reasonable. The bed was very comfortable and the tv had the channel guide included which was nice. The bathroom and vanity area were nice and spacious. I ate dinner in their restaraunt and enjoyed the atmosphere, the food was average. The breakfast was included and had the usual, eggs waffles bagels, etc. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2012
Selah, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

As I sit here trying to sleep, all I can hear are the sounds from the saws in the factory next door. I don't suppose the other side is much better as it is nearer to the freeway. My room is on the 7th floor. The ceiling has weird lines engraved into it and I found some nasty body hair in the entry to my bathroom. The base of the toilet needs to be cleaned better too. The chair in the room feels like it will break due to wobbly feet and the bed creaks a lot. The elevator smelled of smoke. I would think twice before staying here again. Yes it is right next to the freeway and has free breakfast, but I'm looking for more than that in a hotel.

Stayed October 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle? Share your experiences!