“Something for the Whole Family” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Enumclaw
“Something for the Whole Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We visited Duke's Chowder House in March 2011 for a family day in Tacoma. My husband and I are big seafood fans and our kids, sadly, are not - but there was something for everyone on the menu. We would have preferred to have been seated where we'd have a view of the water - it's too bad that as large as they are they can't accommodate everyone in this way, but we still had a great time.

84% Recommend
“Rude Waitress and Bad Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Terrible waitress my husband and I came in at 5pm change of shift so service was delayed. The waitress never apologized so I was irritated and kept shaking my head, I heard her talking about me to another staff that is unacceptable! We ordered I$95 worth of food the least that she could do is apologize for the wait explain that there is shift change I will understand. When we were about to leave I talked to the Shift Manager he apologized but that was it he just said I apologized. After this incident I never went back there again. I am a regular at CI Shenanigans better staff the wait staff are attentive they make sure everything is done right. I just watched Restaurant Stakeout they can learn from this show. Customer is always right, Apologize and emphatize. How do I make it better? Here is a free appetizer next time you dine. NO I will never come back and I told people about my terrible service. There are plenty of restaurant choices and the food is not that spectacular!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack
“Good Chowder and great crab cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Dukes is a friendly pub/restaurant. The crab cakes for lunch are great and they specialize in chowders. Aso good views if you can get to the window.

Visited February 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Our favorite seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We really like Duke's for seafood. The chowders and ciopinno are all terrific. Salmon and other fresh fish plates delicious. Nice kids menu too. Atmosphere is pleasant and service is good. We used to like another chain seafood place but now Duke's rules!

Visited February 2012
Seattle
“Best chowder in the Puget Sound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great chowder, excellent Bloody Mary's, and wonderful fish & chips! The sourdough bread they serve before the meal is delicious! Service is always prompt, courteous, and cheerful.