“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Austin, Texas
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here just one night and was flying out of SeaTac the mext morning. This hotel is close to shopping & restaurants, it's right off of I-5 and super close to the Tacoma Mall. My room was large and clean. Check in was a breeze and the person who checked me in was very friendly. It looks like they have updated recently; granite counters, new bedding and new furniture in the sitting area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear ladybugg73,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our accommodations and services. Your comments were very kind. You are so right; we are very convenient to the I-5, the Tacoma Mall, shopping and numerous restaurants. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Tacoma. We look forward to your return.

Jo Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Employees are outstanding when it comes to customer service. We have been going here for years as it is a centrally located place for my family. The desk clerk J.J. we met on our first trip down. There have been years between trips and even tho, she always remembers us. She is not the only outstanding employee. Most will do anything they can to make your stay more enjoyable. Whenever we are traveling in this area, we stop here. The breakfast is great, and the value is great. It is a real deal with wonderful people. Who can ask for more???

Room Tip: We prefer the larger rooms with a sitting area for family when they come in. That way they don'...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear trutrekker,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and service during your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.

It is always gratifying to know that our performance is appreciated. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Tacoma while visiting the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Baldwin Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is not as expensive as the Hampton Inn but the people here are wonderful. I once had to borrow to charge my phone luckily the front desk clerk was nice enough to let me borrow hers. The rooms themselves are decent enough for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Judith ~

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our service and accommodations during your stay. We consider are dedicated employees our most valuable asset. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Shilo Inn & Suites the next time you are in Tacoma. Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours.

Yakima, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is the first review I have ever written for a hotel because I think it is worth warning people that this place is a toxic black mold health hazard! Anybody that knows about toxic black mold knows that it will kill you. I didn't really notice it until I was in the bathroom giving my son a bath. My nose was extremely itchy. I know when my nose is irritated there is black mold floating around so I started searching for it. Well of course it was painted over. You could tell on the ceiling and beside the toilet black mold was peeking through the paint, plus there was black mold was all over the white sprinkler unit inside there. I went to go check the windows and sure enough there was black mold just lining the windows peeking through the paint. It's obvious the hotel staff was trying to cover it with paint. Later on in the day we go in the pool area and hot tob. My eyes and nose were getting extremely itchy. I look at the ceiling and sure enough black mold was covering the vents and ceiling in patches. I had to get out of there. Could not breathe. The worse part is I have children. I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old sleeping in there and I could not help but feel guilty letting them sleep in there. It was late so had no choice really as we were tired we had to crash. Anyways, I will not be going back here anymore. Do not bring your children here it is so disgusting!

Room Tip: Go to a clean hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Sheri B,

I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your travels to Tacoma. I’ve attempted to identify you so I may contact you directly, however I do not find anyone by the name of Sheri B from Yakima having stayed with the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I would like to discuss this situation with you personally at your convenience. I can be reached at 253.475.4020. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to the opportunity to discuss the situation with you.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent 10 days in Washington and stayed at Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, and B&Bs...The Shilo Inn was probably the best value of all. Clean room with places to put suitcases. Convenient location near restaurants. The breakfast was fine although the breakfast area was a bit crowded at first. For the price ~$75, this was a great deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Bill K,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I hope you will be able to visit with us again in the future.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Room I stayed in was spacious, clean, and convenient. There is coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave, and wifi. TV is the old CRT type but works fine for me. Hotel is located next to I-5 but noise level is minimal. Front desk staff is friendly. Free continental breakfast. Large parking lot available for hotel guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
digipro78,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. We are the midst of a number of upgrades; we recently upgraded to new pillow top beds and will be installing new flat screen TVs and armoires in the near future. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I just wanted to say something about amanda who works at shilo inn. She is always very friendly and helpful. I stay there frequently when i'm in town for work. It is a very nice hotel and the hot tub is realxing after a hard days work. Amanda and all the others treat me well and make me feel welcomed. Rex C.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Roxanne C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit to the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.
We consider dedicated and outstanding staff members like Amanda our most valuable asset. She was very pleased that you acknowledge her efforts. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit to Tacoma.

Jo Thompson

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma? Share your experiences!