“Much nicer people than at the Hampton down the stree” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Baldwin Park, California
“Much nicer people than at the Hampton down the stree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is not as expensive as the Hampton Inn but the people here are wonderful. I once had to borrow to charge my phone luckily the front desk clerk was nice enough to let me borrow hers. The rooms themselves are decent enough for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Judith ~

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our service and accommodations during your stay. We consider are dedicated employees our most valuable asset. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Shilo Inn & Suites the next time you are in Tacoma. Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours.

Jo Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Yakima, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is the first review I have ever written for a hotel because I think it is worth warning people that this place is a toxic black mold health hazard! Anybody that knows about toxic black mold knows that it will kill you. I didn't really notice it until I was in the bathroom giving my son a bath. My nose was extremely itchy. I know when my nose is irritated there is black mold floating around so I started searching for it. Well of course it was painted over. You could tell on the ceiling and beside the toilet black mold was peeking through the paint, plus there was black mold was all over the white sprinkler unit inside there. I went to go check the windows and sure enough there was black mold just lining the windows peeking through the paint. It's obvious the hotel staff was trying to cover it with paint. Later on in the day we go in the pool area and hot tob. My eyes and nose were getting extremely itchy. I look at the ceiling and sure enough black mold was covering the vents and ceiling in patches. I had to get out of there. Could not breathe. The worse part is I have children. I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old sleeping in there and I could not help but feel guilty letting them sleep in there. It was late so had no choice really as we were tired we had to crash. Anyways, I will not be going back here anymore. Do not bring your children here it is so disgusting!

Room Tip: Go to a clean hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Sheri B,

I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your travels to Tacoma. I’ve attempted to identify you so I may contact you directly, however I do not find anyone by the name of Sheri B from Yakima having stayed with the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I would like to discuss this situation with you personally at your convenience. I can be reached at 253.475.4020. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to the opportunity to discuss the situation with you.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent 10 days in Washington and stayed at Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, and B&Bs...The Shilo Inn was probably the best value of all. Clean room with places to put suitcases. Convenient location near restaurants. The breakfast was fine although the breakfast area was a bit crowded at first. For the price ~$75, this was a great deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Bill K,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I hope you will be able to visit with us again in the future.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Room I stayed in was spacious, clean, and convenient. There is coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave, and wifi. TV is the old CRT type but works fine for me. Hotel is located next to I-5 but noise level is minimal. Front desk staff is friendly. Free continental breakfast. Large parking lot available for hotel guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
digipro78,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. We are the midst of a number of upgrades; we recently upgraded to new pillow top beds and will be installing new flat screen TVs and armoires in the near future. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I just wanted to say something about amanda who works at shilo inn. She is always very friendly and helpful. I stay there frequently when i'm in town for work. It is a very nice hotel and the hot tub is realxing after a hard days work. Amanda and all the others treat me well and make me feel welcomed. Rex C.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Roxanne C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit to the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.
We consider dedicated and outstanding staff members like Amanda our most valuable asset. She was very pleased that you acknowledge her efforts. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit to Tacoma.

Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a night before shipping a vehicle in Tacoma. We were greeted warmly by Chelsie at the front desk and booked in quickly. Hotel is abit dated but everything is clean and functional. Stayed on fourth floor on side opposite to freeway which minimizes noise. Great pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Breakfast is your standard continental with waffles...good selection though. Breakfast area is kept immaculate and well stocked. Wi-fi on 4th floor didn't work too well, kept dropping in and out. They also have a computer station in front lobby but did not use personally. Elmer's directly across street and IHop, burger King close as well. Booked via Hotel.com. Should we visit Tacoma again we would definitely stay here. Kudos to the staff for making our stay pleasant and enjoyable!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Mushhuskies,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I am passing on your comments to the staff, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is our first stay at Shilo Inns. We will definitely choose them again. The reakfast every morning and the 24 hour pool and hot tub were very key to enjoying our stay in Tacoma.
We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Susan M,

Jo Thompson

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma? Share your experiences!