“Nice and clean at a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Tacoma

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel Tacoma to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8402 S Hosmer, Tacoma, WA 98444 (Formerly Sherwood Travelodge)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
“Nice and clean at a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while visiting my grandparents in Tacoma. The lcation of the hotel worked great for me. The easy access to freeways couldn't make my life easier.The room was very clean and well organized. I am very picky about cleaness when it comes to hotels but I didn't have any problems. The staff were friendly and kind. I see some bad reviews about this hotel but I personally don't agree. It is a great hotel to stay comfortably.

• Stayed February 2013

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kennewick, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a year ago & this year again.
It was nice then and they've been re-doing & improving beds, rooms, halls & meeting rooms!
It's nice right now & They're still improving ..

Friendly staff and good feel overall.

• Stayed February 2013
RLGuestRelations, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your return visit to Red Lion Hotel Tacoma.

We are glad that you enjoyed the updates to the hotel. We hope to continue to improve the quality of the offerings and services at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Ryan Kang
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter while my wife was in the hospital having our 2nd child. We both got ill after swimmimg in the pool. we had to pull the sheet off one of the beds after my daughter got sick in it and found a large blood stain on the mattress. the staff was less than helpfull in resolving any of these matters, stating they couldnt do anything for us because we booked our room through a travelsite instead of directly through them. We will never stay at a Red Lion again and wouldnt recommend this hotel to our worst enemy.

• Stayed December 2012
RLGuestRelations, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We have gone through series of renovations, room upgrades, and staff training to provide a great guest experience. It is very unfortunate to hear about your experience. I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your travels to Tacoma.

In improving our service and offerings, we would like to get more information on name of reservations and date of stay to help us pinpoint the issues.

We look forward to talking to you soon. I can be reach at 253.548.1212.

Thank you.
Ryan Kang
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fair conditions. The vent over the shower was not positioned in place. When the vent fan was turned on the bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. There was a potato chip on the floor near the side table, and I did not have chips in my room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma for a business trip last December. The location was very nice, very easy access on and off freeway.

When you first walk in, the lobby is very inviting and well furnished. The front desk staff were very friendly and nice. The service overall during my stay was great.

I enjoyed the stay overall. The price is good and the stay is comfortable. I would definitely go back for my next trip to Tacoma.

• Stayed December 2012
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Housekeeping walks around with walkies blaring in the hallway, other staff and guests will have long conversations in front of guest rooms, and worst of all, we were put in a room next to stairs that they were re-carpeting! All 3 were great ways to be woken up too early and we had one of each per day. Do some planning on booking rooms and some training on working in someones home. Thanks for the not needed edge on the business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I visited there for a family trip a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the stay.
It was very convenient because the hotel was located right next to a freeway but I was very surprise that the room was very quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. it was a good size for 3 of us. It also had a fridge and microwave in the room which was a plus. The Bed was clean and comfortable big enough for two people to sleep on (I had two queen bed).

My family especially enjoyed the indoor pool. They also had jacuzzi. The pool was big too.
I wish they had more options in their breakfast menu, it was a bit limited. They had waffles, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Lion Hotel Tacoma? Share your experiences!