“Red Lion??” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Tacoma

You added Red Lion Hotel Tacoma to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8402 S Hosmer, Tacoma, WA 98444 (Formerly Sherwood Travelodge)   |
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
poulsbo,washington
“Red Lion??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

Ok, Ive stayed at some wonderful hotels through my life and really bad ones also. I understand that some peoples garbage is another mans treasure. Well, I think anyone would agree with me when we say, this place is the pits. I don't mind older, but clean would be good. Also, once checking into room, nothing was plugged in, including my fridge. I'm ready to put my drinks into the Fridge, forget it, The fridge wont be cool for awhile. -
Then when getting back from our concert, the girls were hungry. Great the snack machine was broken. We go down into the lobby and the front desk has her kids playing in the lobby snacking on hot cocoa and oranges. It looked like I was interupting family time in there living room.I asked her If there was any place to get a snack, she replied No...Anything, No!
Maybe her curlers kept her from understanding me. Anyways, Long story short.-Do not stay here. Unless of course, you have a few enemies you could refer it to..

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

We travel to the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia areas on a regular basis for junior tennis tournaments. We stayed at the Red Lion and while the room was clean with okay decor, I can't say that I'm in a rush to stay there for the next Tacoma tournament.

The hotel was okay, but the area was a bit doubtful. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, so I walked across the road to the pizza restaurant for take away. While crossing, two "hot rods" went roaring past me in a street race. Pretty dangerous. The hotel breakfast didn't look all that terrific, so we went to the next door Denny's. We didn't find the hotel staff all that welcoming either, they weren't unfriendly but they weren't friendly, either.

I don't think Tacoma has much to offer in the way of pleasant 2.5*-3* hotels, so next time I think I'll stay at the Clarion Hotel in Federal Way and just drive into the Tacoma tournament.

• Liked — clean, comfortable room
  • Disliked — staff and neighbourhood
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RLGuestRelations, Director of Sales & Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, December 30, 2008
Our hotel is now under new ownership since the date of this stay. With the new ownership came a complete renovation as well! In addition, our complimentary extended continental breakfast has been upgraded. Even our staff is new and we are very proud of their friendliness, professionalism, and committment to guest satisfaction. We currently do a great deal of sports team business and are also active sponsors of numerous sporting organizations. With our upgrades and renovations now complete, we've had huge success with teams and tournament attendees.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Tacoma? Share your experiences!