“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Murano

You added Hotel Murano to your Saves list
Hotel Murano
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1320 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma, WA 98402 (Formerly Sheraton Tacoma Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% on Trip Advisor!
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yakima, WA
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

After reading some of the reviews I was a little hesitant, but since this hotel was located close to my cousin we were visitng we went ahead and booked it. I was pleasantly surprised, the lobby is very modern with beautiful art, in fact the art all over the hotel was fabulous. We had a deluxe king room and it was roomy and very nice. If you don't like the pillows on the bed, there is a pillow menu you can order from. The bathroom was nice, bath towels could be a bit bigger but other than that they were fine. We had a beautiful view of the bay. No problems with check in and we had breakfast at Bite with no problems, in fact the food was quite good and service was good. If you every stay in Tacoma I recommend the Hotel Murano.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I was looking for a nice place to stay for a wedding in the area, so location was the reason that we picked this place. It was a pleasant surprise to have it be so nice. I was blown away by the glass art and the style of everything. The price was great for what we got.

The rooms were great and made us feel like we were at special place. Everything was clean and modern and looked great.

We had breakfast and the waitress brought the wrong dish for my wife, but she said "It's almost the same as what you ordered." We didn't want to push or be rude, so we kept it, but wow. If you make a mistake, please acknowledge it and make it right.

The other service issue was when we checked out. We were charged for something from the honor bar that we didn't take. I asked to have that removed when we were checking out, which they quickly did.

Then I was showing my wife the new bill, impressed that they took that off without a problem, and I noticed that they charged me the wrong price for the room on 3 nights of the 4 night stay.

When I pointed this out to the counter person, she asked for my reservation paperwork. It was an email. She asked that I print out the email. Um, I'm packed and ready to walk out the door. How would I do that? She pointed out the business center around the corner. I was shocked at this point. Another person working behind the counter heard this, walked over, and whispered something in her ear. She then said "Yes, sir. We'll be happy to change that for you." and she changed it.

What was that about? I left angry. I shouldn't let that taint the whole visit because the rest of the stay was wonderful. As long as you check your invoice closely and don't order lunch from the restaurant, you'll be fine.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
GlassHotel, Mark Van Cooney - General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 7, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Murano.

I am pleased that overall your visit was pleasant. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in the restaurant, minibar charges and issues with your rate.

I would be happy to discuss these issues with you. I can be reached at the hotel at 253.238.8000.

I hope you will continue to choose the Hotel Murano for future visits to the Tacoma area.

Warm regards,
Mark Van Cooney
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My stay in Tacoma was exceptionally good because of my room at the Murano. I have traveled for business quite a lot, and this hotel was an unexpected pleasure. Modern, yet elegant and sophisticated. An IPOD docking station was in the clock radio - very convenient!

Alamo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Hotel Murano is a beautiful hotel in Downtown Tacoma. The glass art work is remarkable throughout the hotel. The staff from the entrance to the front desk to the in-hotel restaurant was fantastic and my meal there was very good too. Easy walk to most of downtown, light rail and other attractions.

Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I was impressed when I walked in the door of the lobby, not to mention the room! The hotel is nicely decorated with lots of modern art and has very friendly people available to help you with anything you need. There is a very nice robe in the bathroom and the bed is dreamy! I'll be staying there every time I vist Tacoma! There are a few drawbacks... you have to pay for parking, Internet, busines center, etc, but overall the hotel is great.

Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We live in Seattle and decided to stay @ the Murano because of its proximity to some family functions. The hotel is wonderful. The lobby is super-impressive with beautiful glass and art displays. The room was very nice with modern colors, updated bedding and a fairly spacious bathroom. We really loved the glass top vanity. We were on floor 7--dubbed the "breast floor" because of it's theme--there was a pencil sketch of two breasts right over the bed which was a little weird, especially for my 4 year old and my hudsband.

The service was excellent. We really wanted to try the restaurante "BITE" but didn't have a chance. Their Bkfst menu looks wonderful, especially the limoncello smoked salmon.

We enjoyed walking around DT and took in the MOG for a bit, although most of the exhibits were closed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised at the uniqueness of the Hotel Murano. I felt like I was in a different hotel world with all the art and interesting design. The restaurant, Bite, had a very good menu, and the food was VERY tasty. Service in all areas was excellent. The one disappointment is that you need a VPN card to use the wireless.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Murano? Share your experiences!