“Hotel redeems the city of Tacoma!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Murano to your Saves list
Booking.com Orbitz.com
Hotel Murano
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1320 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma, WA 98402 (Formerly Sheraton Tacoma Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Room & Free Wifi
Ranked #1 of 27 hotels in Tacoma
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Hotel redeems the city of Tacoma!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place is a gem! We were in tacoma for a conference and overall found the town to be depressing especially as we were without transport. This hotel was a bright spot in all the gloom and cloudy-ness! The staff is wonderful and helpful. The rooms are lovely, clean and interesting. There are beautiful glass sculptures throughout the hotel and it is decorated in the most captivating way. Chic and polished. Great for business/romantic travel. Hotel food was good but over-priced. Be sure to ask desk attendants for dining recommendations as you may find yourself wandering the streets looking for something decent to eat for a loooong time and then being displeased when you do.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the water.
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I know it's been several months, but this review is a gem! Thank you for the thoughtful comments. I appreciate you mentioning our extensive artwork collection. We're fortunate to have so many great pieces and love sharing them with our guests! I'm sorry you think we're 'a bit overpriced'. We feel our unique, upscale atmosphere, numerous amenities and attentive service reflect our prices. I'd love to discuss this some more with you if you have any questions. Thanks again for your great feedback. We look forward to seeing you back here soon!

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Hotel Murano is perfectly satisfactory for its price point. This is especially true if you get the $105 Gov’t rate for the Deluxe King, as I recently did. (I saw rack rates of 139-169 King Deluxe in the upcoming months)
We checked in fairly early on a Friday and I requested a view of Mt. Rainier. We were put in room 2310, just off the elevators. We were not bothered by any elevator or hallway noise. The view was spectacular during the limited time we had clear skies. The room was clean; although it did show some limited wear.
It seems that this may be an older property that has been upgraded to present a modern, chic look. If you don’t look to close, it pulls that off. All in all it is a good property in a nice Tacoma location, especially for concert-goers, museum buffs, or conventioneers.
On quirk to note regarding the spa; my wife had the Savi Spa Pedicure – which she said was just “okay”. She ordered a Mimosa, and while the Spa has been owned by the hotel for a year or so, paying for it became quite a hassle. It took quite a while to get the order (the restaurant is not that far away….) and when she went to pay for her treatment, the spa desk looked at her like she was crazy when wanting to pay for the drink. They told her to go to the front desk to take care of it. The front desk had quite a time figuring out how to handle it as well. After 15 minutes or so, they were able to have it billed to our room. Also, she could not add a tip when paying with plastic and they played country music in the spa; that’s kinda weird. Their billing systems may need an upgrade…...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of "the mountain"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I know it's been several months, but thank you for this feedback. All and all, it sounds like you had a great experience. I appreciate you mentioning that our prices are fair — considering the fun amenities, modern decor and beautiful view! Regarding your wife's spa experience, I'm so sorry about all that confusion regarding a simple drink. I will absolutely talk with my staff about this. I'm glad we were eventually able to get it taken care of, but it should not have taken 15 minutes.

Once again, I really appreciate your constructive comments. I hope you and your wife will come back and see us in the future — I know we can show you an even better experience!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Decided to get away from Seattle for the weekend but didn't want to go too far. So Tacoma was the destination. Hotel Murano is located right downtown within walking distance of everything. We walked over to antique row and browsed, had some coffee at a cool little shop then walked further downtown. We could have gone to the Glass Museum but I'd been there before. Also the Tacoma Art Museum had a Warhol exhibit but we wanted to eat dinner instead. So we headed back to the hotel and had dinner at a nearby sushi restaurant. Then back to the hotel for an early evening. A lovely hotel filled with beautiful artwork, nicely appointed rooms and a great location. I see another reviewer said the locale was seedy, this wasn't my experience, but I'm also probably more familiar with the city so I knew where to go.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I know it's been a few months since you wrote this, but I just wanted to personally thank you for this great review. I appreciate you mentioning that we have such a great location — we really want our guests to take advantage of everything downtown Tacoma has to offer! And thanks for sticking up for us with regards to other reviews you read. Please don't be a stranger. We'd love to have you back soon!

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

So it may not have been the best night to sample the Hotel Murano. They were extra busy, hosting a local candidate's post-election party. What I can say is that the room was wonderful, the atmosphere was vibrant, and I wish we could have experienced more of it, including the restaurant/bar.

Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I know it's been several months since you wrote this, but thank you so much for your feedback. I'm sorry things were a little crowded when you stayed with us, but I'm so happy you enjoyed your room and the 'vibrant' atmosphere! We'd love for you to come back and stay with us soon — there's so much more of our hotel you need to experience. And our restaurant, BITE, cannot be missed! Thanks again for this review, and we hope you are doing well in the New Year!

McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Lovely art work in a clean and functional space. Restaurant had good food. All staff were very friendly and accommodating. Attended a conference and stayed in the hotel. Hotel Murano is centrally located in downtown Tacoma, so it was easy access to museums and restaurants.

Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Beautiful glass artwork, friendly staff, quiet rooms, good food (at good prices), and a great location. Would definitely stay here again. This is one of the few places I have visited that actually looks like the pictures posted on the website.

Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Convenient to freeways, very helpful and knowledgeable staff, good food and very comfortable rooms. This hotel is a no-brainer when it comes to selecting a hotel that is more vacation than business and still at a reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Murano? Share your experiences!