“Wasnt Awful...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
“Wasnt Awful...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

room was basic and had what you needed, I however noticed that it stunk like weed for ONE thing and it looked like it hadnt been cleaned properly, like there was still a hair on the tub... so whatever. They only had the roll of tp no extra and the fire alarm battery needed to be changed which was super annoying. A whole group of people booked about six rooms, and they were complain happy, tried to take a group picture shot in one room before taking off and got a phone call during the pic saying to get our stuff out and no refund. Rude, but we just talked to the officer and the front desk and told them we would leave and not make any noise. the PLUS side, was it is a good location, was not filled with any shady looking people it had a pool AND hot tub and the location is good, not really familiar with tacoma but there was an ihop next door and wasnt too hard to get around.

Room Tip: the room on the main floor right next to the laundry/ice room is what the front desk can see the mos...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I came there expecting it to be really bad and I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean and we had absolutely no problems. We had to reset the clock when we came in, but that was about it. I brought my own blanket, so we slept on top of the blankets on the bed. The staff was friendly. Just make sure you don't leave anything behind, I thought we might have, called and asked, and they made it clear that they didn't really care and was not sure what I expected them to do about it.
Was overall a good experience.

Room Tip: I would bring my own blanket again. And perhaps my own towel if I could. They were just really small...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

A motel 6 classic. Reasonably clean and maintained, family friendly and reliable. Recently I booked a non Motel 6 in the same town and deeply regretted it. Motel 6 has the basics.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lewis, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Called to see if my son left his Nintendo DS there they said yes they had it come in and get it. Went in on a Saturday drove 20 minutes and they could not find it. Gave my name and number to have them call me no one called I had to call them three times! Claim was turned over to Coprorate office to Claudette Bryant she sent me a letter did not call and see why I was pursing this and I have called her twice still no response! Totally unacceptable!!! Rooms are not that clean and we were woken in the early morning hours to fights and cars driving like hell threw the parking lot. If you dont speak spanish it is hard to communicate with their staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
m60735, General Manager at Motel 6 Tacoma South, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Motel 6 on Trip Advisor. Only through such constructive comments can we improve our product and services. We are sorry to hear that you had problems retrieving your property however please be assured that our risk management department is handling your claim.
Portland,OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

The front desk had the worst staff we had ever experienced! RUDE! The women at the front desk had purple hair and a very bad attitude. Every time we walked in to have our room rekeyed, because our key card never worked after the first time, they were eating and the purple haired gal acted like it was a big deal and said we had our key card too close to our cell phone and this will cancel the strip out....... Our fault.....What a crock.....
Bad area, room keys that do NOT work, unprofessional, nasty and mean spirited women.
Next time we will go to the "Red Lion" down the street, It's safer, It's cleaner and has a staff that will treat us like the paying customers that we are.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
m60735, General Manager at Motel 6 Tacoma South, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Once again, we apologize and we thank you for your comments. Our motel aims at consistently delivering a professional service to our customers and although on this occasion the level of service you received was not to your expectations, please rest assured that we are taking steps to correct it.
Vancouver,WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I made an internet reservation for 3 nights, guaranteed by our corporate American Express card,and at check-in I paid with our corporate debit card. My wife and I were given a handicapped room (we are not handicapped) and it was extremely uncomfortable.
The next morning we asked for a new room and were given the key and told to put our things in the new room. Upon returning for the night, we found another guest had been given our room, and our personal possessions had been thrown in a garbage bag and put in a store-room. When we protested, we were told we had only paid for one night! We said we have a reservation for 3 nights, and when we were given the keys to this room, the clerk had not asked us to pay again. We were treated very rudely, as if we were deadbeats, and no one said one word of regret or apology! Astonished by the rudeness of the manager and clerk, we left and went to another motel.
The positive sequel--It turned out that we had in fact paid for all 3 nights upon check-in, and Motel 6 Guest Relations arranged a refund and an apology.
Notice that our experience is similar to that of a guest at this motel in 2008--It seems the office cannot keep accurate records of who is assigned a room! And then the staff is rude to shocked guests who are disturbed by the intrusion of other guests into their room! At this motel I experienced the worst rudeness I have ever had in 35 years of professional business travel here and abroad!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
m60735, General Manager at Motel 6 Tacoma South, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
We would like to thank you for finding the time to share your concerns with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve our service to you. Please accept our sincerest apologies about your stay.
Colville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

After reading the reviews and speaking with friends I was worried to stay in this neighborhood, but was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were clean and I didn't see people coming and going as an earlier review stated. Maybe it was because of all of the High School State tournaments going on that changed the atmosphere. Not sure. The walls were a bit thin, but not much noise anyway. Was really glad that I hadn't spent $170 to stay at Shilo with the team. They had to deal with ripping up carpets in the halls, having to jump around the wet spots in the hall, who does that on Memorial Day Weekend with tournaments? Not Motel 6, Thank goodness!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family