“Always a relaxing, wonderful stay at the Clearwater Casino Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clearwater Casino Resort

You added Clearwater Casino Resort to your Saves list
Clearwater Casino Resort
15347 Suquamish Way NE, Suquamish, WA 98392   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Suquamish
Seattle, Washington
“Always a relaxing, wonderful stay at the Clearwater Casino Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

First, the Clearwater resort is a waterfront property on beautiful Agate Pass across from Bainbridge Island on Puget Sound. The Clearwater Casino itself is far removed in another building from the resort rooms, so there is peace and quiet from the time you walk towards the resort building.

My partner and I have stayed at the resort six times since it first opened a couple of years ago, and as a same-sex couple, we have always been treated in a warm, friendly manner and with respect by the entire resort staff.

The front desk staff has always tried hard to assign us the best room they have at the room category we reserved. We have stayed in many different room types and have always been happy with our stay. Even the "value rooms" which are facing the parking area and casino building are beautiful, with soft beds, although they have no balcony. I don't know why the "value rooms" were not designed with balconies when the resort was built.

Indoor pool area is beautifully designed and spacious with water using a chlorine-free saline filtration system which is better for the skin and eyes. The only flaw to the pool is the artificial rock outcroppings which are beautiful, but very rough. Some irresponsible parents let their kids run wild around the pool and jump from the rocks which is dangerous. The kids will get hurt, cry and the parents will try to blame the resort. There is a large hot jacuzzi tub outside which is perfect to relax and watch the stars or admire the waters of Puget Sound.

During dry, warm weather evenings, the resort staff make a fire in the outdoor fire pit for guests to sit around and enjoy.

Housekeeping staff are very hard working, friendly, and hospitable so don't forget to leave a nice tip on your bed pillow each day or before you leave. They do appreciate it.

The complimentary bonuses are daily newspaper, fresh coffee, cocoa, and tea in the lobby. A hot buffet breakfast in the lobby near the fireplace that is also complimentary to resort guests during the week. On weekends, guests will have access to the main casino breakfast buffet, again complimentary to resort guests.

I feel bad that a few reviewers have had negative experiences at the resort, but they appear to be unique situations, and thankfully are not the norm. On the other hand, my partner and I were enjoying coffee in the lobby and watched as three guests argued with the front desk staff that they did not consume candy and treats from the room minibar that they were charged for. Their excuses were laughable and they blamed the poor housekeepers of eating the candy. The front desk staff mentioned to the guests that this has happened three times during three separate previous stays. Interesting.

I hope everyone decides to experience a night or two at the beautiful waterfront Clearwater Casino Resort, and has a relaxing stay. Good luck in the Casino!!!

Some good nearby sightseeing suggestions are: downtown Poulsbo for quaint shopping and dining. Bloedel Botanical Gardens & waterfront nature reserve on Bainbridge island (advanced reservations required). Bloedel Gardens reminds me of a version of Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Reserved a $200 a night suite with view for my 50th birthday, midweek (Wednesday) in October. First, it's not a suite (with a separate bedroom), it's one above average room with a bed and couch. Instead of a water view, we got the worst room over the laundry, looking out at the dumpsters and employee smoking/break gazebo. Trucks beeping and backing up at 7:00 AM woke us up. the carpet is appallingly stained and filthy. We wonder if because we are a gay couple, they thought they would give us the terrible room...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
sbahotel1, manager at Clearwater Casino Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
This review has several inacuracies that warrant address.

It is unfortunate that this guest feels that he was misled during his reservation process or that the term Suite is not applicable based on a dictionary term.

The hotel website clearly categorizes and describes guest rooms as what they are. Likewise the website clearly shows a property map and room locations as well as virtual tours of each guest room type. Any guest can easily view these tours to see exactly what their guest room will be like.

The guest and his partner were NOT segregated because of thier same sex relationship. The room they were given was the same as originally reserved and was located where it was simply because only 3 of those rooms exist and they are each located in that corner of the building - one each on floors 2, 3, and 4. The online map clearly shows the location of that room type.

Had a PREMIUM room been chosen, then a water view would have been without question as premium rooms of any type face the water and value rooms face the casino and parking areas.

Lastly, the resort PROUDLY hosts up to 20 same sex commitment ceremonies, weddings, parties and / or events each year with NO negative stigmas or interactions. The guest might consider this in future reviews.

We are likewise a proud EOE employer with several staff members in same sex relationships - several of whom interacted with this guest during their stay, and ANY claim of bias is simply not true.

We're more than happy to have this guest and his partner at our resort and welcome them to return in the future when they are able to stay.
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I've stayed several times at the Clearwater and have generally pleased with the hotel. However, my most recent experience caused a considerable amount of stress.
Four months ago I booked a waterview balcony room which would overlook a concert being held on the lawn. This reservation was confirmed a week prior to the date. However, upon arriving, my wife was informed that the room we had reserved was not available, and instead another room without a balcony was being substituted.
Obviously, the hotel had overbooked, and we had been chosen to be the unlucky ones. Fortunately, after pointing out our confirmation to the supervisor and explaining how much money we had spent on prior visits, and expressing our extreme unhappiness, our room which had disappeared, mysteriously "re-appeared".
While I realize that some hotels engage in this sort of poor customer service, I did not expect it from a hotel such as the Clearwater, which aspires to be a top notch first class hotel.

Other than this unpleasant experience upon check-in, our stay was fine.
Bottom line, be careful and confirm your reservation. Be polite, but firm. Ask for the supervisor. I'll still recommend The Clearwater for now.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ptown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

Be sure not to hold any room with your credit card. Clear water resort does not tell you that you've actually booked the room if you just want to hold rooms. Before you give your credit card information to any employee, make sure the information you received from them is clear to you, and get it in writing. Do not hold rooms for a wedding party. We held rooms for our wedding. None of our wedding party stayed there, but the hotel still charged us for holding the rooms. They called us on the day of our wedding and told us they were charging $900 some because none of our wedding party stayed in the rooms we held. However we were never given a reservation number for the rooms, and when we tried to get the rooms we were holding for. They had been booked, and there were no other rooms at the hotel available for one night. Be sure to get everything in writing before handing over your credit card.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Puyallup, Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

This was our second trip to this resort, and I must say our first visit last summer was fantastic. We've been raving about it to everyone and recommending it as a fun get away. After this past weekend, I don't think I will do that anymore. The service in the hotel was absolutely horrible. We arrived at about 2:30 knowing that check in was at 4:00 pm. We couldn't get in and that was fine except that everyone who came after us for the next hour and half could check into their rooms. At 4:00 we went back to check in and were told that 4:00 was when check in "started". So of course we had to engage in a confrontation with the incredibly rude front desk clerk who then claimed that their linen dryer was broken and were waiting on a part from Germany. Yea... right. When 5:00 came around they finally admitted that they did not oxidize our room as we requested at the time of booking and that was why they were making us wait. It would have been nice if they had asked if we would have rather checked in or had an oxidized room, because while my kiddos were tired and sad about a ton of other kids being in the beautiful pool but not them, we would have really been ok with the room not being oxidized.

The following morning I asked if we could arrange a late check out and sited the delay from the day before, and again, another incredibly rude front desk clerk replied that she had granted all the late check outs they could handle and that I needed to plan better for these things. That is a 4 star response for ya!

The casino is fun, the dinning is really very good, and the location is gorgious. It is very unfortunate that the entire experience was spoiled by front desk people who clearly can't handle how busy this destination has become or deliver the quality of service they claim to on their website.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

(I dont remember the Date that we went.)

My son has Adhd and Odd, and I had been extremely stressed out. I received a postcard in the mail from Clearwater Casino Resort for a two night stay in their Resort. When I laid down on the bed, when we got there, I did not want to move, I thought I was laying on a soft cloud, I had never EVER felt such comfort for my bad back and neck, as I did those two nights. The Pool and Sauna, are so AWESOME, it's like your in the tropics and it has rockery in the pool on the side and it goes down gradually into the pool and it is not slippery and it is the perfect temperature, the staff are so nice, they aren't really like staff, they are more like friends. The Food. All I can say is, THERE IS SO MUCH OF IT!!! IT IS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! It really would be a mistake to not go to Clearwater and spend your vacation there, We also went to the Casino and that was alot of fun too, We are going to make it Our spot to go to every year when she comes up from Oregon. Please Go and Enjoy the Scenery is Sooooo Georgeous and Breathtaking. I wish you woud go as soon as you get the Chance.

Darina Reynolds

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

This is, heaven in my backyard, the hotel was beautiful, the staff was very gracious and the water views were awesome. It was my brothers 50th, and we booked 3 rooms, and the booked us with no problem. The pool area was the nicest Ive ever seen, and the hot tub was even better. I can NOT wait to go back. I could have stayed in the pool all evening. I am booking again in the summer time, even though this place is a half an hour away from my house. The casino is a short walk, with a buffet that was good, and it had a rather expensive steakhouse so we did the buffet. We had two wheel chairs and the staff in the buffet didnt even flinch when seating us. This is a must do if you are in the seattle area.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Clearwater Casino Resort? Share your experiences!