“Excellent Accomodation and Amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Clearwater Casino Resort
15347 Suquamish Way NE, Suquamish, WA 98392   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Suquamish
Victoria BC Canada
“Excellent Accomodation and Amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spend 3 days here, the rooms were very well appointed, the beds were like sleeping on clouds.
Free breakfast which was very nice
Microwave,fridge,safe, free water and coffee.
Its adjacent to the Casino, reasonable food,

Room Tip: Choose balcony, you can sit out and look over the Puget sound bay, beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our ($79 midweek) luxury room 308, ADA compliant, at about 15’ X 25’, was as large as our living and dining rooms at home. The walk-in shower with fold-down seat held 16 people (1 of them body surfing) in our test, we needed the provided small stepladder to climb into the huge king bed with a pillow top the thickness of budget hotels’ innersprings and we had to play “Marco Polo” in the dark to find each other under the enormous covers in order to cuddle.
Besides the bedroom area with reading lights, end tables with phone and radio and huge wall TV, there was the kitchen area with coffee maker, fridge, microwave, ice bucket and glasses for cocktails. The wardrobe provided not only hangers, but also safe, ironing board and iron which we would have used to iron our tie, had we remembered to bring one. There was also the office area with a desk where you could draft letters to your congressman complaining about the BIA’s mistreatment of First Nations over many years, the day bed/sofa on which you could sit while gazing into the eyes of Princess Angelina (Chief Seattle’s daughter) in the enlarged framed photo on the wall which still has the Olde Curiosity Shop logo in the corner or you could sit in the easy chair and read about the (10) tribes of Washington state, the 9 artists whose works are represented around the facility, the 140 slot machine styles (comprising 1300 total in the casino with names like Galapagos, Kitty Glitter and Stonehenge) or the rules for playing a card game called Spanish 21 (presumably one must speak Spanish, wear leather boots and a twirly mustache in order to play) in the very informative notebook provided on the coffee table.
Compare this compact home-away-from-home with a 100 square foot room in Roche Harbor’s Hotel de Haro, built in the 19th century furnished a with small double bed, bed pan and maybe a chair if you were lucky, bathroom with other people’s hairs down the hall, and you’ll see how far hotel design has come in a century.
As if this weren’t enough, the included eggs/sausage/toast/juice/cereal/tea breakfast is served in the expansive and beautiful lobby with its 3-story vaulted ceiling and views past the grandpa willow and ghostly totem pole across the sound to other islands and the traffic jam of rain clouds over the Olympics. Also, if you’re wrinkly enough and it’s Monday, you get into the senior evening Longhouse Buffet in the casino for $10.95, or take advantage of the two-for-one price on Tuesday or, even better, purchase the History and Culture package, get $40 toward food and tickets to the new gem of a museum in nearby Suquamish. Also near the museum is Chief Seattle's recently restored grave site.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel was absolutely beautiful! I didn't stay in a room with the view but I wish I had. The hotel was right next to the lake and had an amazing view! The pool was so neat and big with a walk in entrance like a beach, the hot tub was outside and it was very relaxing. The breakfast buffet was amazing, they had something different everyday. The breakfast/lounge area had large windows with a beautiful view of the lake! The only negative thing was this hotel was out in the middle of no where and we didn't have a car so there was no where to really walk to besides the casino so I was stuck in my hotel room all day. Not a bad thing because the hotel room and bed were very relaxing. It was a pain having to call a cab and take us to the ferry and then waiting for the ferry to take us to Seattle. However, I loved this hotel and I would really like to stay here again sometime, next time I'll pick the room with the view and I'll bring a car!

Room Tip: Stay in a lake view room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Montesano, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We loved Clearwater so much we've gone back 2 times in 2 months, the pool is awesome, they're pet/kid friendly, and I won at the Casino, and in the morning you get a free continental breakfast, the only bad thing I have to say is the rooms are not very sound proof.

Room Tip: King Suites are very big and there's a pull out sofa for a guest or kids.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shelton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Buffet was jam packed with an hour wait. Steak house had an hour wait for VERY expensive food options. Decided to go to the 'deli' part and order some grub for dinner. This was also jam packed with a long wait time for food. What choice did we have. Ordered a rhuben and a philly. Both were served hot and fresh. Good stuff.

Staff was so busy with food prep and orders that no one was able to keep up on cleaning the tables as people finished and left. Big downfall to all their hard work. They were just understaffed for a friday night rush. Not the staffs fault!

Casino: average. Nothing special. I like the point system better than 90% of the others I go to. Unless I am in the area (about once a year) I will not go out of my way to frequent this location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The view is great. Limited work out room. Pool and hot tub are wonderful. A nice place to stay to get away from it all. Casino is right there. But you don't need to like to gamble to stay here. Beautiful area and place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I like exploring casino resorts. We have visited many in the pacific northwest. We really loved the location of this one. Not only accessible by ferry but land as well. We were assigned room 105 - right across the conference/banquet room. We were not in the room while the banquets were on so it didn't bother us. Since I was adamant on water views we ended up with a queen Murphy bed room non smoking. It was large and comfortable. I think this was the old business center converted into a room - we had a printer and all in our room and hard wood or laminate flooring. All waterfront rooms have a nice outdoor sitting area as did we. The pool was small and crowded with kids. I don't know if they have adult swim time only or not.

Food was good in the casino, we actually went out for dinner and show on Saturday and I tell you we had a blast. If you are ever there on the first Saturday of any month - don't think twice - go to the Impov Show put on the Edge improv team - it is cheap ($16 per person for 1.5 hours of laugh) and excellent - highly recommended. We hit an awesome Indian restaurant as well Spice Route - one of the best I been to in a while!

The casino was smoky but fun - didn't win jackpot but music was excellent and nice people all around!

Back to the hotel - our never got our room cleaned and we were only there 1 night so wasn't impressed with that! As well when I checked in I was told I would get a refill on my Food gift card if I bought it back the next day - which I did and was only told by the next receptionist that i was given wrong information and she would inform manager about miscommunication. Well I know that was unprofessional I shouldn't feel like I just got someone in trouble!!! A manager never called me back regarding the miscommunication! Breakfast was included and it was good as well - eggs/sausage/pastries/juices/toast/bagels/cereals ect.

All in all I would go back to this location for the location - loved the sweeping views and not bad casino either.

Room Tip: Splurge for a room with water views - it is worth it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clearwater Casino Resort? Share your experiences!