“Beautiful location but a few problems” 3 of 5 stars

Clearwater Casino Resort
15347 Suquamish Way NE, Suquamish, WA 98392   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Suquamish
vancouver
“Beautiful location but a few problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel. The location is spectacular, the view of the water is beautiful. We enjoyed sitting around the fire at night. There were a few problems though. The wifi is very slow and the cable for the TV kept cutting out. If you do go, please ensure that your window open or you get a balcony. I had assumed we were getting a balcony and that the window opened. In suite 415, the windows only open a crack and there was no balcony. Other suites have windows that open fully. The coffee in the morning was terrible and the complimentary breakfast was very limited. The slot machines were very tight. The staff were friendly so we didn't see any of the issues that some other reviewers had. If you do go to this hotel, make sure you visit Poulsbo. It is a quaint Norwegian fishing village, very enjoyable. For families with teens, there is Kitsap mall for shopping about 20 minutes away. We would not return. The hotel needs to stop cutting corners to ensure that guests receive the whole experience that the location deserves.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a balcony or a room with windows that fully open.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our first time to the Clearwater Hotel..... Loved it all. The room was facing Agate Passage, so we were so lucky to be able to just sit on our patio and look at the beautiful view... very serene.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Plus they have comfortable wicker love seats with thick cushions and chairs outside, so you could just relax and take in your surroundings.
We will be back for sure, to get away from the hectic life of the city.
J. Rodgers
Vancouver, B.C.

Room Tip: It`s worth the extra money for a view room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Like some other reviewers, we encountered a reservation that resulted in a smoking room. My wife made the reservations months before a planned trip for a wedding. She would definitely not have booked a smoking room, yet when we arrived the reservation was for a smoking room. She thinks things got messed up when she called to change from 3 nights to 2 nights.
The front desk could find us a non-smoking that night, but only for one night and then it's back to the smoking room for our second night there. They said to check the room anyway, and they could ozonate it. We walked in and almost barfed. At least they did not charge us since we did not actually check in.
We found a quaint place down in Poulsbo and stayed there.
It looked like a nice place, but beware. If you make a reservation, make sure the confirmation says non-smoking if that is what you want.
This hotel needs to consider what century they think it is.
We'll never go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

That is the same phrase I overheard from another guest and I can see why. This was a great place for a business meeting and a little relaxation to boot. We never did get to the casino (by choice) and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel ameneties. The staff was excellent and the facility was great as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Clearwater Casino Resort ruined my wedding night. I unknowingly booked a smoking room at the hotel. When I called to confirm my reservation, they informed me that it was a smoking room, but they would ozonate it in advance to get rid of the smell. When we checked in late after our wedding, the room reeked so terribly of smoke that we were worried for our health. We’ve stayed in smoking rooms before, and this was much worse than any of those. We called to the front desk and were told that there was nothing they could do to help us. We had no choice but to leave the hotel, still in my wedding dress, as we could not fathom spending the night in the room.

Over the next three days, I tried to reach a manager to discuss a refund. I heard three different things from three different people until finally I was informed that they would not be refunding my money, despite the fact that we were in the room for no more than five minutes.

The combination of disgusting rooms and terrible customer service means I will never come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here hoping to find someplace more upscale than the limited offerings available in Poulsbo. The hotel itself is a beautiful lodge style property, and my room was large spacious and nicely furnished. The property is very picturesque and my 4th floor room had a wonderful view. But several foibles as well. Despite a non smoking request, I was put into a smoking room. The staff did their best to pre-clean the room, and the odor was only slightly noticable to me. But a sensitive person would not have been happy.and the staff had no other solution to offer. One of the two windows in the room was broken..almost fell on me before I hurriedly closed again. The carpet was grungy and noticably stained. As is typical with casino hotels, getting to the restaurants for dinner required trapzing thorough the casino..which didn't seem very busy or inviting, at least while I was there. Their more upscale steakhouse was closed, leaving the buffet or deli as the alternatives. I ate at the buffet, which was inexpensive and filling..comparable in quality to a hometown buffet type place. FInishing on some high notes, the hotel had a nice bar in the lobby (much nicer than the one in the casino) and you could take your drink outside to sit by the fire pit. And they had a very inviting indoor pool..just wish I'd brough my bathing suit. Overall, I think this place would be truly inviting resort if management got rid of the casino and paid more attention to the lodge.

Room Tip: Water view definately more desirable here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for one night on our North American Adventure.

We chose this hotel because one of us, wanted to gamble for one night, of our six week holiday.
The gambling and bar area is clean, smoking not a problem, but lacked atmosphere. Needed something. He didn't lose much, but had a great time.

The hotel was superb. Excellent rates, a room to die for,, and a staff that couldn't do enough for you.
Shannon on checkout, even arranged our transport to the ferry. courtesy of the hotel..

If any of the above sounds like you, stay here.

Room Tip: Bet 19 on the roulette table
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Clearwater Casino Resort? Share your experiences!