“Come Hungry!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dixie's Home Cookin'

No photo provided
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Sumner
Minot, North Dakota
“Come Hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The whole family flavor from the time I entered till the time I left. There was plenty of food and you will not leave hungry. They had enough food that you needed a to go box because even being full you could not eat it all. If you are in the area do not pass up going to eat here!

Visited May 2014

Los Angeles, California
“a great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I try to eat here every time I'm in the lake tapps area.
very friendly and helpful staff.
great menu with very large portions.
great value for what you pay

Visited January 2014
Tacoma, Washington
“Not our first Rodeo at Dixie's- Yee Haw!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our family has been visiting Dixie's ever since we found out there is plenty of parking in the back. For years we didn't stop because the small front parking lot (shared with a martial arts business next door) was always full. But the back lot is big, just like the big heart of this small restaurant and just like the big portions of the made-for-you meals they put in front of you!

This week we stopped in for breakfast to power up a day of long-overdue yard work and we were not disappointed. I ordered Dixie's Breakfast Monte - a carb-and-protein fest of bacon, sausage, eggs with two cheeses layered between three thick slices of French toast served with a generous helping of Dad's Potatoes (think round French fries for breakfast)(YUM!). Steaming hot coffee and cream from a creamer always says home to me, and I have yet to see the bottom of an empty cup at Dixie's. The service is as fast as the crowds allow, always with a smile and often with some neighborly banter which says the place is keeping its regulars coming back again and again.

Others at our table were in blueberry heaven over the massive stacks of Dave's Berry Blue - two plate-size blueberry pancakes smothered in a rich blueberry compote lavished with whipped cream; Andouille Sausage and scrambled eggs with marbled rye toast - spicy and savory and the Home-made Corned Beef Hash with perfectly poached eggs.

When you go, don't be shy about having an omelet made your way. I am a big fan of the Grilled Gobbler, a big turkey sandwich made on grilled sourdough bread, so much so that when we visit at lunch time, the kitchen starts grilling before I even sit down! One morning, I couldn't decide what to have, I wanted eggs, but love that sandwich. The boss said hey, we can make that gobbler into an omelet for you! AND THEY DID! It was the best breakfast I have ever had that was never on the menu. Now THAT'S service with a smile!

I'd recommend Dixie's to anyone anytime of day. Go for a big filling breakfast, go for the Gobbler at lunch (or my husband's favorite - the Pulled Pork Chili!) or just a slice of their best Rhubarb Pies (Including Blackberry, Blueberry or Raspberry-Rhubarb match-ups!) or the Pink Lemonade Cake or a Blue Bunny Ice Cream treat or....

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Dixie's is GREAT !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great home cookin' and service ! Big portions !! Had a family outing and Dixie's treated all 15 of us like kings/queens. The owners are on site and very customer service oriented. We will visit Dixie's again and again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norco, California
“Just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I stopped by for an early dinner because she wanted to show me old town Sumner and do some antique shopping. We sat down and since there were only 2 other tables, thought this would be a snap. Unfortunately, the owner's wife was the waitress, cook, and cashier so we had a long wait. The kitchen is seperated from the dining area by only a partition, so the room was hot and stuffy. My sis had to go outside for some air while I stayed at the table so it wouldn't look like we left. The food was good, but not worth the uncomfortable wait.

• Visited May 2013