“truly fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
University Place, Washington
“truly fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

solid menu very well executed, can even do some sandwiches gluten free, great place for a drink also

Visited August 2014

Coral Springs
“Good find in Stevenson, WA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had been exploring and hiking all day......looking for good food close to our lodging. My husband ordered the Fresh Wild Salmon with a delicious sauce, served with Polenta and fresh vegetables. I ordered the Shrimp Scampi which was a nice blend of flavors and not overloaded with pasta. Our server, Faith, was charming and steered us in the right direction. We shared a mini homemade brownie/ice cream dessert which was delicious.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“great option in small town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I came here several times during four days hiking in Skamania County. I was very enamored of the Northwest Salad, with amazing smoked salmon (in general, it's very hard to go wrong with this fish up here). They had one of the best blue cheese dressings I've had (not too thick), although I preferred the garlic vinaigrette with this salad. The smoked sturgeon appetizer (another local fish) was also first rate. They make their own root beer, and if you like hard cider, the Angry Orchard is great. Service was friendly if a bit too casual/lackadaisical for my taste (found this everywhere in the area though). IN ADDITION: their cadillac margarita is much better than the one at the Mexican restaurant across the street (fresh lime juice, not yucky sweet and sour), and $2.50 cents cheaper!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great Find in a Quaint Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were from out of town up from California visiting relatives when we consulted Trip Advisor for a place to eat lunch in Stevenson. Big River Grill it was. The staff welcomed us, the décor was cute and the selections on the menu impressive. I ordered the turkey sandwich and my sister-in-law ordered the salmon sandwich and we switched halves. Both sandwiches were absolutely delicious! The salmon was a pretty substantial piece and cooked to perfection. My father-in-law really enjoyed his burger and my husband had a chicken sandwich special which he also enjoyed. Big River Grill was a great find and we look forward to returning when in the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camas
“Great restaurant for Stevenson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband suggested we go here as he loves their Reuben! I thought the corned beef was a bit stringy! It was hot though! I love my food hot! I had the Grilled veggie sandwich! It was supposed to be served on house made focaccia and was served on a hamburger bun. Yuck! And maybe that's why my sandwich wouldn't hold together and I had to eat it with a fork! There wasn't any sauce either !
Service was a bit lacking - slow!