“good, bad, worse” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Stevenson
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Walking Man Brewing has been crafting award winning beer since 2000. Our 17-barrel system produces 1500 barrels per year, most of which is consumed here at our brewpub in Stevenson, Washington. Loyal fans, beer enthusiasts, Columbia Gorge travelers and friends gather to enjoy the beauty of the region, the award winning brews, delicious pub food and artisan pizza.
PORTLAND
“good, bad, worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'd like to start off by saying that I've been going to this establishment since it opened. I'm sad to say, that it has ever declined... My most recent experience....
Well, first off, who likes to walk into a brew pub and see a neanderthal in a sports jersey behind the bar.
Seriously, have a dress code if you can't find anything better to wear than what your gramdma gave you for christmas.... Pub girls....need I say more?
Second...the food was good, but took way too long. It seemed that the kitchen was overloaded by inexperienced waitstaff and could not catch up. Once we got it, some things were good, some not even what we ordered....
The beer...this is what we all visit brew pubs for right? The beer, by the time you receive it, is less than cold. Apparently the owner likes it "English style". I just returned from England and Germany, and they have cold beer!....
The IPA is the flagship and is good. The Homo Erectus is very potent and tasty, but the quality has declined since my last visit, as has most of the beers. Don't drink more than 2 if you're driving. In fact, don't drink more than 2 or 3 of any of these high octane beers if you need to be responsible! And every time I visit, the price seems to have gone up. They are now on the high end of the market for a lesser product that seems to have fallen past its time.
My advice, pass up Walking Man and try a newer, crisper and fresher beer and setting. Phriem, Double Mountain, Solera and a new brewery just down the street in Carson, Backwoods Brewing, are much better options.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Olympic Valley, California
“Good Brew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped in and ate there during a work conference at Skamania. The girls behind the bar were fun to talk to and the locals were welcoming. The beer was top notch and the food was adequate. I wasn't stoked on the food, but if I lived there I am sure I would frequent the joint.

Visited April 2013
Gresham, OR
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ok, so the food tasted OK. Nothing special. And especially for what they charged for it, it was mediocre, at best. Menu is extremely limited. We sat on the patio on a nice day. You would think that they would at least clear the weeds from around the patio area. That was really disappointing. The service was below average. The beer was run-of-the-mill, and overpriced. I'm pretty sure this was my first and last visit to this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“I'd Come Back to Area Just for This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Easy to miss this place but once you come, you'll be back. Not only is the brewed beer great, but food outstanding and cheap! Setting is outdoors or indoors. Very relaxed. Perfect for groups or couples. They had very nice live music the night we were there so we stayed an extra hour just enjoying Julie and her band. Had just flown in that day from Chicago and had to pinch myself at how my surroundings had changed so much in a few shorts hours. I'll be back! (Don't forget to check out the bathroom.)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Good food, fun atmosphere but lacks consistancy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a cute little out of the way pub in Stevenson WA. First let me say that it has great beer, the knuckledragger being a personal favorite. For those of you non beer lovers you will be disappointed, as they don't carry wine, so it's beer or soda for you.

The food is good, nothing fancy, but good solid pup food. My only complaint is the lack of consistency in the food. Sometimes the pizza is spot on, and sometimes the crust comes out a bit black. They are always willing to remake it if it is too burnt for my taste.

I would recommend this place if you are looking for pub grub, good beer and a relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013