“Enjoy this quaint Bistro for the history and decor” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining
Steilacoom, Washington
“Enjoy this quaint Bistro for the history and decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Steilacoom is a beautiful town to visit. I have enjoyed breakfast at the Bair Bistro but I have also taken friends and family and they were disappointed in the slow service. Food is home-style. In other words it would replace what you might make at home. I like their French Toast and they know how to cook eggs. It does get busy and they need more help during those times. If you are not in a hurry and want to relax and enjoy the atmosphere I would recommend you give it a try for breakfast. They also serve ice cream and coffee.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rainier, Oregon
“Great old relic in a fine old town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This small building used to be the sole drug store, hardware store and post office for the small town of Steilacoom. It has been nicely preserved, like many of the late 19th- and early 20th-century structures in downtown. It is small, and can get crowded; the service is OK, and the food is adequate, but it is a fun place to visit, as is the town itself.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma WA
“Only the water tasted good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter and I dropped in to this musem and restaurant about 2 pm to experience the museum (the Bistro is decorated with drug and hardware supplies that used to be sold in this historic building) and to check out the food. My daughter loved the water so didn't order any other drink. She ordered the last red velvet cupcake and I ordered a piece of apple pie and a glass of lemonade. I knew at 2pm that the pastry wouldn't be very fresh, but what we were served was inedible. The cupcake was so dried out that both the cake part and frosting were crunchy! I knew the apple pie had too much cinnamon in it when I could smell it when the server was nearing our table. The crust was ok, but the apples weren't done - still crunchy - and had a strange metallic taste. Even the lemonade tasted strange. I didn't expect lemonade made of real lemons, but I couldn't manage more than two sips. We left right away (after paying) with 90% of our pastry and lemonade still on the table. I've NEVER done such a thing before! I've never been served such inedible food, anywhere! And I've traveled all over North America, western Europe, the Pacific, and have lived in Africa. Our server was very nice, and even offered to heat my slice of pie, but when we paid, she didn't even glance over at our table to see if we'd eaten our food or ask us how it was. I wanted to complain about the food, but my daughter convinced me to review The Blair Bistro here instead.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Breakfast with Charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visiting from East Coast and fell in love with this place. Everything was delicious! Corn beef hash, short stack pancakes, French toast. You can't go wrong! Highly recommend!

Dupont, Washington
“NO IMPROVEMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here about 6 months ago and had a dismal enough experience that I talked to the owner/cook about it. So, we decided to try again and as far as I can tell, not many, if any of the issues have been resolved. The service is an afterthought because they are so busy doing side work and making milkshakes and speciality coffee drinks. This time the scrambled eggs were scorched. So, we probably won't be back again for great while.

• Visited August 2013