“Rustic lodge in rustic location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stehekin
North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin
You added North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin to your Saves list
P.O. Box 457, Stehekin, WA   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Stehekin B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“Rustic lodge in rustic location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love Stehekin. Three days without tv, cell phones, and wifi was the biggest relaxation factor. This lodge was formerly called Stehekin Landing. A new concessionaire recently took over and changed the name. I hope they address the deferred maintenance on the inside and outside of the lodge and rooms. Its hard to rate a place like this. Its rustic; but I wouldn't expect 4 star here, nor would I want it. The location is perfect. Steps from the ferry landing and within walking distance to hiking trails, visitors center, bike rentals, kayaking. Deck overlooking the lake; nice place to relax in the evening. The room was a bit run-down. Housekeeping not the best. Fuzzies on the floor, cobwebs on windows, dirt on top of bathroom heater, half of the hooks were gone on one side of the curtains. It really needed a good overall scrub. No room housekeeping during our 2 night stay. But the locale makes up for a lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Florence, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We didn't stay here, but I could find the restaurant under that category. We had only 90 minutes in Stehekin and we spent 35 of them eating at the Lodge. We did not expect such a great burger in this remote location. There was no service. You order and pay for your meal at the counter. We plan to return to Stehekin and stay a few days at the lodge.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I called to ask for some information about Stehekin and various amenities that the resort offered such as bikes and spoke with Diane Jackson, the manager. There must not be a lot of competition for jobs up there because she was so condescending and rude during the entire conversation that I wont care to stay there, even if its a five star resort!

I was told that Stehekin would basically be shut down the weekend I was planning on coming and when I asked her for what I could do or how I could get more information so I could make decisions regarding my trip, she got really snotty and said "well, we werent really planning on having a fire three months ago when you booked, what do you want me to do about it, missy?"

I told her that there was no need to be rude and talk to me like a child so she told me that I have a real attitude problem and hung up on me. When I called back to speak to the manager she sad "youre talking to her honey!"

Maybe this kind of dive bar, backroads hillbilly talk is ok for the locals but for someone trying to get some information and worried about how to get the money back that they already sunk into this trip, this behavior was completely unacceptable and I would not be comfortable staying there. I would especially not be comfortable handing my hard earned money over to that nasty woman.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent 2 nights in a room that had a large balcony overlooking the lake.
Housekeeping was non-existent except that they did remove a beer bottle.
Fuzz, hair and stuff on the carpet that had been "missed" for a long time. Cobwebs in the windows, as well. This was new management and the lady in charge of housekeeping gave me her disclaimer about not servicing rooms.
The clock was broken and stuck on 4 AM but they never saw that until I left it on the floor with a note. They did take the bottle and in the afternoon, brought a new clock. That's it for room service. We thought the food was good for being so remote. We also took the bus on the first night to the Lodge. That was a great feed! Packed with people eating family style at huge tables. Lots of food and a bus ride back by the owner. That's entirely worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent 3 nights Sept 2012. Unfortunately, Wenatchee was burning down! Our first day was clear but then the winds shifted for days 2 and 3. Great location right off the ferry. Access to bike rentals and plenty of hiking opportunities. Only one MAJOR problem- they did NOT make up our room either day! I went down to the desk the second evening just to get some coffee packets for next mornings breakfast. The third day I had to say something as we had no fresh towels and again no coffee! It was after Labor Day, so maybe everyone kicks back a bit. Still, just a tad too much avoidance of customer service for a lodge.
The food was ok considering you are in a beautiful location, where there is NO cell service! Awesome! Other than the lack of any housekeeping efforts, it was nice considering the first fires were sending smoke north towards Stehekin.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
fairfield county
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room had a spectacular view and we enjoyed sitting on our front deck with wine and beer purchased from the limited selection offered at the small store. The linens on the bed were upscale and inviting. The room is a bit stuffy as only the door to the deck opens, and not the big picture windows, and the room faces the sun. Might be oppressive in the height of the summer. A small sliding window in bathroom also opens but hardly enough to help. The rug needed cleaning but the room was spacious and paneled with light wood, had beamed ceiling and the overall effect was quite pleasant.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center, can't clear the rating once touched on my iPad! The one cabin with a...