“An absolute nightmare!!! Car DAMAGED! Knife left!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane

You added Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3033 North Division St, North Division St and Euclid St, Spokane, WA 99207   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
“An absolute nightmare!!! Car DAMAGED! Knife left!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I have never seen snow and planned the trip to Spokane with so much excitement! I booked the hotel with it being close to so many places and not knowing my way around Spokane. The moment we walked in the door, I had a bad feeling. The clerk was so rude and when I asked how safe it was, she gave me a really nasty look and smart butt comment. Not to mention, she herself looked like trouble. The heater didn't work, so she threw a fit and said we'll get charged for both rooms if we went to another room. Awful. The worst part is, our rental car was broken into the first night there!!! On top of that, a KNIFE was left by the thug! A 6 inch blade with a carved wooden handle! A worker outside next to the hotel said Spokane has really bad crime. We were never informed even when we asked! The police DIDNT EVEN COME OUT. Dispatcher told us they only respond to rape and homicide!!! What kind of task force is that?! They also told us to "just throw away" the knife. We donated it to this piece of crap hotel! After the fiasco, they were really rude to us like we should expect this! What! Oh and we STILL GOT CHARGED THE FULL 8 DAYS! They have yet to refund the days we didn't spend there!! I will never be back to Washington and NEVER stay at or say good things about Howard Johnson!!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

When traveling with a pet this is very friendly and good rates. Was traveling west and Pearl Jam was in Spokane. This made it very busy with all the hotels being occupied. Check in was very smooth. The pool looked good and they have breakfast. There is an affordable place to eat nearby. Had a great stay at the HoJo!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Wenatchee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The price was right, but you get what you pay for. Read the room agreement, don't just sign, there are add ons beyond the quoted price. Sheets need replacing, really pilly. Otherwise the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Breakfast wasn't exciting, but good enough to get by on. Convenient location to shopping areas. Friendly and helpful staff. Pool was out of order as were several vending machines.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

College Place, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Cheap, convenient place to stay. Everything in my room worked, although the tiny wall heater was simply not up to the task of warming the whole room during a cold winter night here in Spokane. So if all the heaters are the same as the one I had, then your room won't ever get above 70 degrees during the winter (I don't think mine ever got above 65 degrees, despite the heater being on the highest setting from the moment I set foot in the room). And there was only one thin blanket and one ridiculously thin "comforter" to go with the sheets on the bed, so if you like to be toasty at night, bring your own sleeping bag or look elsewhere. The bed itself was cheap, but quite firm (which I like).

The staff was really friendly and everything in the room was pretty clean, especially considering how old this place is. The free continental breakfast was what I expected for the price of this place (well short of mediocre, but you could still fill yourself up if you're not the picky type). I didn't check out the pool, but I wouldn't expect too much from it. The toilet in the bathroom is tiny and the shower kind of sucks (both were clean, though). The TV was probably at least 15 years old. But for $34/night, I'm not complaining one bit. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for and I think my room was worth what I paid for it and I'll probably stay here again when I need a cheap place to stay in Spokane.

Room Tip: My room was in the basement. Maybe the upstairs rooms have better heaters...