“A Northwest Hotel with Integrity” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane

You added Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3033 North Division St, North Division St and Euclid St, Spokane, WA 99207   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Redmond, Washington
“A Northwest Hotel with Integrity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our family had a 3 weeks’ vacation between July and August in 2010, we made our first driving trip to go through 6 national parks between the State of Washington and South Dakota. Glacier National Park was the last one we visited and the city of Spokane was the last stop before heading home to Seattle.

We booked the Howard Johnson almost a month and a half ago when we were planning our trip. We arrived at the hotel like 3am in the morning, exhausted and completely depleted. But the worst news was --- the front desk could not find our guest registration information.

I showed them the print out of my booking and later on I found out the fault was mine. I booked the wrong date, the day was correct but the wrong month. The front desk told me they charged the room already on our No Shows. It was late and our physical conditions did not allow us to have time to look for another hotel. So I asked for whatever they had available for a couple hours rest before we drove back to Seattle. The only room left was a huge room with 3 beds and 2 baths. We took it immediately without questions.

After a brief 5 hours rest, we had a quick breakfast and ready to leave around 10am. With such a rush we had, we did not check out any of the hotel features, not their swimming pool and / or nearby restaurants in the neighborhood.

When I returned the keys to the front desk and ready to check out, the lady manager came out and told me she decided NOT to charge us for the night after she reviewed the records and found my mistaken registration on an earlier date. That was the best news I heard at the very end of my long trip.

It was a very short stay for us but she gave us an impressive memory on a mistake that I made. It is now more than 2 years ago (August 2010) and I am still grateful on what they have done. With gratitude to their integrity, I hereby write this review. I do not remember much about the breakfast nor their facilities but their kindness and honesty have imprinted deep in my heart.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
EL CAJON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here last year and everything was great, the bed was nice the rooms were clean and the floors were not spotted and stained. Almost a year later the bed was sagging, the carpet in my room was stainedbadly and the bathroom fixtures were plugged up. I was standing in calf deep water while taking a shower. Do not think I will be staying here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

CRESTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My rating would have been higher had it not been for the quality of the continental breakfast.
- only fruit available: one shriveled orange, about a dozen very soft/bordering mush bananas (which someone seemed to be very attached to as they hadn't been discarded or turned into banana muffins....)
- waffle batter very sour, ? beyond it's expiry date ? or did someone add too much vinegar?
I couldn't eat the rest of mine, not knowing which.
- muffins were cut into quarters. Please, don't manhandle the muffins! If they are too big, find a source that sells smaller muffins. I enjoy butter on my muffins, very hard to do on the little muffin quarters that crumbled when you touched them...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

very nice hotel with great service, just a little noisy on the Division side of the hotel. We stayed a second night and requested a room away from the busy road and it was MUCH quieter. The reason I didn't give a top grade to knowledge of staff is we asked where the closest car wash was and he didn't know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Overall the stay was nice. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The Continental Breakfast was okay--bananas were a bit old and mushy. It is near the roadway so not that quiet during the day , but quieter at night. coffee bags missing in the room --the kind you tear open and brew in the coffee pot provided in each room..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

TACOMA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed for 2 night and was charged for three. After my wife called and spoke with Cody he insisted we stayed for three (check our debit card. you charged us the minute we checked in and the minute we checked out, two days) After my wife told him to calm down and they'd figure it out together, I got on the line and tried to explain to him that since my father who has the same name and checked in the same day we had that that could be where the confusion lied. By his own admission we had checked out a day earlier.
He said he would have his manager contact us that was a day ago and no response.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Nampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel was on a busy thoroughfare and was far from new. Check in service was fine. A dirty coffee cup on the window sill in the room had been missed by the maid service. As it turned out, we used the room only to prepare for a family gathering and didn't stay the night. We stayed in our host's home instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Inn North Spokane? Share your experiences!