“Incredible stay. GREAT Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

The Montvale Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 W First Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Incredible stay. GREAT Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Fantastic stay. I can not believe I got to stay at this place for $90. This is a small, but VERY clean...no...SPOTLESS hotel in downtown Spokane. The staff was amazing and the housekeepers especially got every speck of anything in the rooms. It was like a show room floor when I would come back to my room in the evening.

It's over 100 years old and the front desk staff will be glad to tell you some of it's history (It used to be a brothel way back when and housed olympians in the 60'S I think) and they have shelves of books to read if you are like me and find the whole of Spokane rather boring. (I was there for a conference, so I didn't go looking for touristy things to do.)

The price was great. I got this amazing room and a breakfast that blew my mind. (They have two restaurants, one in the basement is called Catacombs and is fantastic for dinner, but they also hold the breakfast there and I wanted to cry when I saw it. It was huge with all kinds of goodies to eat. Not the usual continental you get at lesser hotels.)

You just can't beat the service there either. Everyone was so helpful (Though I forget their names! I am so horrible!! I think the man I spoke to about the history of the hotel was Ben, but they have like 4 or 5 great staffers)

I recommend staying at the Montvale if you are in Spokane. It's worth it and so much more.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the one king bed room on the second floor, but it was a corner room and was very qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Skyler R, Manager at The Montvale Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Amy C,

Wow! Thank you for the glowing review. I'm so pleased that you appreciated the efforts of each of our departments--housekeeping and engineering work very hard to keep this historic structure in clean and working order for our guests. Your recognition of their efforts means a lot to all of us.

As far as we can tell, the idea that The Montvale was once a brothel seems to be just a bawdy rumor. There's still plenty of intriguing history here, and we're always glad to have a guest appreciate it.

Thank you again for your kind words and feedback, and we look forward to serving you again next time your visit beautiful Spokane.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)

Been to The Montvale Hotel? Share your experiences!