“50's diner and great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Denver, Colorado, United States
“50's diner and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Small. Cute. Personable waiters/cooks who enjoyed each other and their work. Huge great tasting chocolate milkshake!

Visited June 2014

Bainbridge Island, Washington
“quick & tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our second choice because our first choice was closed at 4 pm. It was almost 5 when we got to downtown Spokane. The little retro food stop is small but service was quick and you watch your burgers, fries and onion rings as they are prepared by a young man. Burger was very good, a little crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. French fries and onion rings were just right. Good prices too. The young ladies who took our order were very charming and friendly as well. Another one added to our faves list!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Helena, MT
“Great old style burger place, family run”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I pulled in on my way to a vintage travel trailer rally. Wolffy's is in the university district so parking could be rough, even without a 22' travel trailer in tow. But the burger gods were smiling and right outside the door was a double long spot and empty. The only empty parking spots I had seen!

One generation of the family running Wolffy's was eating inside and another working behind the counter. The elder enjoyed looking at our vintage rigs. The younger I overheard saying to his trainee that "he only puts stuff on the menu he likes". Strikes me that is a pretty good policy, given that he seemed to like some pretty good stuff.

He suggested a fresh banana/chocolate malt for me and it was a very good choice. The burger was just like a non chain, non fast food, old style hamburger was supposed to be. I did opt for a blue cheese/jalapeno burger though with Cajun sauce. Very good.

I'm glad I pulled off the interstate, only a mile and a half or so. Well worth it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Texas
“I can only review their chocolate shake, but it was delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent chocolate shake, I wish I had been hungrier, but I had just eaten somewhere else. I had to get me something though and I opted for a shake. Although there is a drive-through, I really wanted to see what it looked like inside. Loved the layout, just like a 50's diner with the spinning plastic covered seats. You can watch them make your food right before your eyes. Lot's of windows to see outside. Love these kinds of places.

Visited November 2013
Custer WA
“Seventeen seats is all they have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

so you might have to wait during busy periods. It'll be worth it! Good burgers, the fries weren't overdone and you get enough for two, service quick and friendly. One scoop of ice cream for dessert is about twice what you get elsewhere. Want a traditional hamburger, like McDonald's doesn't make? This is the place.

• Visited September 2013